Travel Document Queries

Joannn

Hi, first time I will be sailing on Spectrum of the Seas next month.  I would like to ask some questions regarding the travel documents.  According to the guest ticket booklet, I would like to double confirm is it compulsory to bring 2 passport size photos?

10 hours ago, Joannn said:

Hi, first time I will be sailing on Spectrum of the Seas next month.  I would like to ask some questions regarding the travel documents.  According to the guest ticket booklet, I would like to double confirm is it compulsory to bring 2 passport size photos?

No.  No need for any additional photos unless you are traveling with a Birth Certificate.  If you are traveling with a passport you won't need anything else.  If you are traveling with a BC you will need that document in addition to 1 form of government-issued identification (i.e., state-issued driver's license, military ID, etc.).

The 2 photos is a requirement for submitting a passport request but once you get your passport you will not need additional photos.

35 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No.  No need for any additional photos unless you are traveling with a Birth Certificate.  If you are traveling with a passport you won't need anything else.  If you are traveling with a BC you will need that document in addition to 1 form of government-issued identification (i.e., state-issued driver's license, military ID, etc.).

The 2 photos is a requirement for submitting a passport request but once you get your passport you will not need additional photos.

Thank you for the great explanation. I really appreciate your reply. One more thing: is it compulsory to bring an inoculation certificate? If I'm not mistaken, this would include documents like COVID-19 vaccination records or any other medical documents?

3 minutes ago, ChessE4 said:

The photo you upload at 45 day check in can be done with the phone App or at the port when you board.  It's all digital for their on-board scanning system.  

I haven't uploaded a check-in photo since the restart.  It takes maybe 5 seconds for them to snap a picture when boarding.  It's not worth the hassle of doing it yourself.

Spectrum of the Seas is sailing in southeast Asia. The information about birth certificates is not applicable. The information equating the passport photos to check in pictures is also not applicable.

I DO NOT have the answer to the OP question, butI  encourage them to contact the proper channels so as not to have a disappointing result. 

My assumption is that the 2 passport photo requirement is valid and the photos will be needed for applicable Visas in the region, and without them there may be trouble.  

Again, i can't say for certain, but this could potentially be a big deal.

5 hours ago, Joannn said:

Thank you for the great explanation. I really appreciate your reply. One more thing: is it compulsory to bring an inoculation certificate? If I'm not mistaken, this would include documents like COVID-19 vaccination records or any other medical documents?

I apologize, @Joannn.  Please see @TXcruzer reply above.  I failed to notice that you are on Spectrum.  My responses may have been incorrect as I was citing US rules.  I’m sorry for any confusion I may have created for you. 

4 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

Spectrum of the Seas is sailing in southeast Asia. The information about birth certificates is not applicable. The information equating the passport photos to check in pictures is also not applicable.

I DO NOT have the answer to the OP question, butI  encourage them to contact the proper channels so as not to have a disappointing result. 

My assumption is that the 2 passport photo requirement is valid and the photos will be needed for applicable Visas in the region, and without them there may be trouble.  

Again, i can't say for certain, but this could potentially be a big deal.

Another cruise site discusses an upcoming Spectrum cruise from Asia that suggests bringing a copy of your passport because the original is given to Royal staff on embarkation.  Taking extra passport photos in case Royal loses the passport is a possibility for the extra-cautios, but that would be a personal choice rather than a requirement.  Visa requirements vary by destination and cruiser's citizenship, but the one I looked at didn't have extra visa requirements.  In general, the replies previously posted are valid for most travelers.  You are correct that we don't the OP's citizenship so we all gave general replies based on our experience. But that goes for most comments on this forum....

2 hours ago, ChessE4 said:

Another cruise site discusses an upcoming Spectrum cruise from Asia that suggests bringing a copy of your passport because the original is given to Royal staff on embarkation.  Taking extra passport photos in case Royal loses the passport is a possibility for the extra-cautios, but that would be a personal choice rather than a requirement.  Visa requirements vary by destination and cruiser's citizenship, but the one I looked at didn't have extra visa requirements.  In general, the replies previously posted are valid for most travelers.  You are correct that we don't the OP's citizenship so we all gave general replies based on our experience. But that goes for most comments on this forum....

Surrendering your passport is commonplace on many itineraries outside of North America, I can’t ever remember being asked to bring extra passport photos; it is indeed a curious line item in the documents. 

Is your trip on Spectrum travelling to Vietnam by any chance? Having passport size photos is usually a requirement for a visa on arrival there, and I would expect the same would be true via cruise ship.

On Spectrum they will very likely collect your passports on Day 1. You will get them back on days that you are required to have them in hand for immigration, and otherwise they will do all the immigration work behind the scenes. On the last sea day, they'll have stations to collect them back. They will give you a run down of what you need to do for each stop - they are very efficient.