Zip locked snacks (and thank you)

Not that I am condoning breaking the rules by any means…let’s just say maybe I’m asking for a friend who is about to get on their first cruise in a few hours and maybe did not read all the rules completely.
Let’s say this friend brought for his kids a bunch of Doritos and things like that, but put them in individual sandwich bags and they are not in original packing  

If this person we’re going to try to get onto the boat with these snacks, would it be better to try to do it in the bags checked/given to the Porter, or the ones you are carrying with you, or don’t even give it a try because there is no shot and I, I mean my friend, should have read the rules closer?

(no matter the answer, I’m super excited for this first cruise…and thanks to everyone who has weighed in on all my ridiculous questions getting ready for this trip!)

It seems like there are different results at different ports…and even different security workers at the same port. Some are more strict in their own individual interpretation of the rules. I saw a confrontation between a passenger and a port security screener. I don’t know what item was being challenged…but the passenger kept asking for a ship’s representative to come and make the decision. The worker apparently didn’t like the challenge to their authority and was very rude. I don’t know what resulted as I kept moving. Hopefully it got sorted out. Bottom line…YMMV. Good luck!

Put them in your carry-on, leave one bag on top in clear sight and bury the others.  We have had items taken out of our diaper bag only to find stuff in other pockets that was missed (by us and security).  I usually try to toss most of the stuff we are not supposed to bring but half the time we miss a bunch of stuff.  Stroller pockets are notorious for half-finished snacks that we find 2-3 days into the cruise.  

For convenience, I would put the bulk of your snacks in your checked luggage.  Personally, I would avoid carrying around delicate snacks like chips in my carryon for hours on end.  I just returned from a cruise and packed a lot of snacks for the teen's cabin - chips and candy - and had no problem with them being in our checked luggage.  Of course, I did have some open candy bags in my backpack from traveling, and those were fine as well.  Snacks are now on my standard packing list as a result of our cruise last summer in which my teens wanted regular snacks while they were in the cabin and playing video games, and were pretty much out of luck.  Our cruise last month we were plenty stocked and even had a couple items make the return trip home.  We had a bag of Doritos make a round trip to FL, Coco Cay, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and home again and they weren't even crumbs when we finally opened the bag!  Hope you are enjoying your cruise - I see you have already departed, but hopefully this post helps someone else.  

I never even considered this being against the rules and in relection do believe we have had snacks in our carryon, more for the travel to the port since we always have to fly, and never had an issue. That said...we have never traveled with children and for me all the snacks I would need are on the ship. lol