Cruises Only - feedback requested

Billy P

We are Diamond Royal cruisers and booking two cruises in 2024. I have received the price from my travel agent that we have used for all our cruises. My dilema is Cruises Only is giving me a price far less than my agent for both cruises. First time this has ever occured. Any feedback from anyone that has booked a cruise with Cruises Only is appreciated. I am reluctant to book with them. TIA

Sometimes group space is contracted by large companies such as that. We can even do that sometimes with MEI because we can book into our consortia group space. But it's not on every ship/ sail date and it's generally limited to 2 guests per room.

That being said, Cruises Only probably has contracted space, just check what is included and the terms. I agree with other posters, I don't know what happens if something goes wrong and you're booked with them.

15 minutes ago, Sharla said:

I don't know what happens if something goes wrong and you're booked with them.

While I'm not actively trying to make this reply a plug for the travel agency that sponsors this forum, I do know what happens if something goes wrong and we're represented by our MEI agent.  The amazing service we received when the covid pandemic shut down happened was incredible.  Despite the fact that our agent was dealing with many, many clients (a lot with more lucrative bookings), we always felt we were her #1 priority.

A quick web search of "Cruises Only" shows me their title of "America's Largest Cruise Agency".  I'm sure that's a good thing, but I'm skeptical of the one on one service we would receive.

My wife and I have made the conscious decision to stay loyal to our agent who stood by us when all cruising came to a complete stop. 

I booked 7 cruises through them. 3 were cancelled during the Covid troubles by RC.I have no complaints. You can basically do it yourself through their website, choose the cabin number you want, get insurance, schedule dining, etc. They also give me a couple hundred bucks in onboard credit. I had to call and speak to a human about the 3 cruises that RC cancelled. I got every cent I paid Royal back quicker than I thought. I used another agency for my last cruise (Alaska) because I needed to speak to someone in person for this cross country trip but I will use Cruises Only for my 2024 bookings. Your results may vary.