xSAILEDx Odyssey of the seas - March 16th - March 24th,2024 - 8 Night Southern Caribbean

36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Wow !  That sounds like fun.  I love traveling with friends and family

We are definitely excited. My wife and I just went on our first cruise back in April on Allure and had the time of our life. I think it’s safe to say we are now addicted to cruising. Will be even more exciting seeing familiar faces on board! 

22 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Us too

Great!  Even though we just became "Diamond", this will be our first cruise on a Quantum Class ship!  Though we are "loyal to Royal", we try to cruise when there won't be many kids on the ship.  Though Odyssey is certainly a kid-friendly ship, we're hoping there aren't too many college kids (it will be spring-break season) due to the costs (when I was in college, I didn't have much money) and it's a full month before Easter so the public schools should not be out that week.   I'm not saying there won't be any kids, just that their numbers should be a bit down.

1 hour ago, baltodave said:

Great!  Even though we just became "Diamond", this will be our first cruise on a Quantum Class ship!  Though we are "loyal to Royal", we try to cruise when there won't be many kids on the ship.  Though Odyssey is certainly a kid-friendly ship, we're hoping there aren't too many college kids (it will be spring-break season) due to the costs (when I was in college, I didn't have much money) and it's a full month before Easter so the public schools should not be out that week.   I'm not saying there won't be any kids, just that their numbers should be a bit down.

Fingers crossed lol. This will be our first quantum class ship as well. Our first was on an oasis class the Allure back in April. Wasn’t too many kids on that ship, the ones there were well behaved so that was nice. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2023 at 9:11 AM, Nick560 said:

Fingers crossed lol. This will be our first quantum class ship as well. Our first was on an oasis class the Allure back in April. Wasn’t too many kids on that ship, the ones there were well behaved so that was nice. 

Plus it is an 8 day cruise rather than 7. makes a difference.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, baltodave said:

Dang:  I just checked in (6:10 AM EST) and my boarding time is 12:30.  Wondering if anyone stayed up last night and got an earlier one.

I just got off Odyssey.  I had a boarding time of 12:00, got there at 11:20 and had no issues.  They actually didn't begin any boarding until 11:30, so I had to sit in a waiting area for about 5 minutes.  Once they started boarding, it went quick.

I also set my alarm to wake me up right at midnight and still only got a 12:30pm boarding time. I called RCI the next morning and checked in about it, and was told there were no boarding times made available prior to 12pm. Very strange though because I have NEVER boarded that late. We’re planning to show up around 10:30/11 and just hope for the best, or at least already be there to wait. 

23 hours ago, Lauriskov said:

I also set my alarm to wake me up right at midnight and still only got a 12:30pm boarding time. I called RCI the next morning and checked in about it, and was told there were no boarding times made available prior to 12pm. Very strange though because I have NEVER boarded that late. We’re planning to show up around 10:30/11 and just hope for the best, or at least already be there to wait. 

Yeah we plan on getting there an hour or so prior to our boarding time as well. 

On 2/10/2024 at 5:17 PM, Dave Reeseg said:

Balcony on this cruise with my wife, Carol.  My sister, Mary, and BIL, Frank, are in a Jr. Suite.  My first time on Odyssey. I am looking forward to the improvements over the original Quantum class ships.

This is my entire groups first cruise. The wife and I went on Allure of the Seas last April, that was our first cruise. Very interested to see if we like the quantum class compared to the Oasis Class. 

On 2/3/2024 at 4:58 PM, Lauriskov said:

Perhaps this particular ship is arriving back to port later than typical….OR…there will be an inspection taking place after passengers depart but before new passengers embark.  Arriving that early when embarkations begin at Noon is a bit overzealous, no?

On 2/12/2024 at 4:35 PM, Nick560 said:

This is my entire groups first cruise. The wife and I went on Allure of the Seas last April, that was our first cruise. Very interested to see if we like the quantum class compared to the Oasis Class. 

I’m confident you’ll love it!! Quantum and Oasis are both so impressive, unique, and fun in their own ways. So hard to compare!! There are features of each we miss while on the other, but we never feel anything is lacking. Two70 and Seaplex for example on Quantum class are amazing, as are the North Star and iFly activities. We miss those when on Oasis class, but instead we enjoy the boardwalk, Central Park, aqua theatre, studio B/ice shows etc. Royal is so smart in designing ships so that we have good reason to go back and forth forever booking different ships to enjoy all the different features 😊

On 2/12/2024 at 4:54 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Perhaps this particular ship is arriving back to port later than typical….OR…there will be an inspection taking place after passengers depart but before new passengers embark.  Arriving that early when embarkations begin at Noon is a bit overzealous, no?

Perhaps, but our hotel checkout is 10:30 anyways so we may as well head to the port and wait rather than trek somewhere else to kill time. Many times in the past we’ve been able to board much earlier than scheduled, so we’ll see what happens this time. Fingers crossed! 

On 2/18/2024 at 10:03 AM, Nick560 said:

Does anyone know what each night's theme is going to be? We want to make sure we bring the appropriate attire for each night. 

It’s on the app now! Night 2 French night (probably the first formal night), Night 3 is Mexican, 4 is Italy, 5 is Caribbean, 6 is USA, 7 is Royal Night (formal night 2), 8 is Farewell

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, baltodave said:

We fly a week from today (Friday March 15) and got notified that our RoyalUp bid was accepted.  We are moving from an oceanview (e.g. window)  to obstructed balcony and hope the obstruction isn't too bad.

Did you know you were bidding on a potentially obstructed cabin ?

2 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Did you know you were bidding on a potentially obstructed cabin ?

Yes.  At the time I made the bid, there were different balcony upgrade options:  for a regular balcony and for an obstructed one.  The non-obstructed minimum bids were higher than our budget (at the time).  I know we're rolling the dice so that we can look out over the lifeboats at the ocean.  Plus it will give me a place to enjoy my adult beverage while the wife is getting ready for dinner.   FWIW, when we booked the cruise, the obstructed and non-obstructed balconies were very expensive.

2 hours ago, baltodave said:

Yes.  At the time I made the bid, there were different balcony upgrade options:  for a regular balcony and for an obstructed one.  The non-obstructed minimum bids were higher than our budget (at the time).  I know we're rolling the dice so that we can look out over the lifeboats at the ocean.  Plus it will give me a place to enjoy my adult beverage while the wife is getting ready for dinner.   FWIW, when we booked the cruise, the obstructed and non-obstructed balconies were very expensive.

What cabin number are you now in?  You can look on cruisedeckplans.com to check if there are any YouTube videos for your room.

2 hours ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

What cabin number are you now in?  You can look on cruisedeckplans.com to check if there are any YouTube videos for your room.

Yes, I looked at that website and there is a video of the stateroom directly above us and a video  2 staterooms to our left.  I looks like we'll be okay but we won't really know until we get there.

3 hours ago, Nick560 said:

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale on March 15th as well, getting too damn excited!!! We decided to cave and grab the 3-night dining package when it was available again, Wonderland looks very interesting. 

We are staying at the Courtyard by Marriott on Ft Lauderdale Beach (I have lots of Bonvoy points).  

We did not go for the 3-night dining package but did buy one meal at Geovanni's.  From what I've read, it one it's a very good restaurant (and we've done Chops before). 

I just seen on a facebook group that the main pool has been closed due to massive amounts of poop. I cannot confirm nor deny if this is correct, but lets hope for a poopless cruise. Someone also mentioned there were going to be around 1300 kids on this ship, idk how they would get this info but fingers crossed this is not the case lmao. I have only been on an Oasis class, getting kind of worried this ship is going to be absolutely packed to the gills.

On 3/10/2024 at 8:20 AM, Nick560 said:

I just seen on a facebook group that the main pool has been closed due to massive amounts of poop. I cannot confirm nor deny if this is correct, but lets hope for a poopless cruise. Someone also mentioned there were going to be around 1300 kids on this ship, idk how they would get this info but fingers crossed this is not the case lmao. I have only been on an Oasis class, getting kind of worried this ship is going to be absolutely packed to the gills.

When we were on the ship in late January, the pool closed on one of the sea days for that reason (not a massive amount, but any amount is too much).  WTF is up with that??  Once they realized what they were dealing with, they cleared the pool and hot tub, drained it, sanitized it and finally refilled it.  But by that time, it was evening and very few were by the pool.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

When we were on the ship in late January, the pool closed on one of the sea days for that reason (not a massive amount, but any amount is too much).  WTF is up with that??  Once they realized what they were dealing with, they cleared the pool and hot tub, drained it, sanitized it and finally refilled it.  But by that time, it was evening and very few were by the pool.

I agree any amount is too much LOL.

I have absolutely no clue wth is going on with all that.... If you need to wear a Depends adult Diaper or your child is not potty trained, keep them out the pool. I will never understand certain people lol