New cruiser questions

I am taking my first cruise in December on Navigator of the Seas out of LA. This will be my first cruise and although I am excited, I have many questions that I cant seem to find answers for on all the youtube video's I have watched all about this. Here are just a few questions I am hoping you guys can help me answer:

There are 2 of us on the reservation. Will we each need to check in separately on the app when the time comes? Or will my one check in do it for both of us?

We decided to choose the "My time" dining option when booking this cruise. Can I still go to main dining room on day 1 and make reservations for all 5 days in advance?

A little too late now since I've already booked the cruise, but is sailing in December fine when it comes to weather? Will I still be able to lounge outside/inside the pool comfortably?

The navigator of the seas has an ice rink. Are the ice rink shows the same every day/night? So I can just book one of the shows and feel fulfilled, or are the shows different each night?

I understand that each me and my guest are allowed to each bring a bottle of wine and a total of 12 cans of soda for the room. How does one bring this on the ship? Do we pack it in the checked luggage? Do we keep it out and just hand it to the porter? Or do we keep it in our carry on? If you say the carry on option like I've seen some youtube videos say, how am I supposed to enjoy the slides and flowrider while waiting for room to be ready if carrying around a big bag full of this stuff?

Thank you in advanced for all the help!

2 hours ago, theapple477 said:

There are 2 of us on the reservation. Will we each need to check in separately on the app when the time comes? Or will my one check in do it for both of us?

No only one of you has to check ink and can do it for both of you.

We decided to choose the "My time" dining option when booking this cruise. Can I still go to main dining room on day 1 and make reservations for all 5 days in advance?

You can reserve all dining prior to the cruise and on board as well. 

A little too late now since I've already booked the cruise, but is sailing in December fine when it comes to weather? Will I still be able to lounge outside/inside the pool comfortably?

It depends on you ultimately, but you should be fine if you are sailing to the Caribbean. I did a Caribbean cruise in November and it was more humid than cool. 

The navigator of the seas has an ice rink. Are the ice rink shows the same every day/night? So I can just book one of the shows and feel fulfilled, or are the shows different each night?

I believe the Ice Show is always the same, however it might not be showing every day, but booking it once should be fine. 

I understand that each me and my guest are allowed to each bring a bottle of wine and a total of 12 cans of soda for the room. How does one bring this on the ship? Do we pack it in the checked luggage? Do we keep it out and just hand it to the porter? Or do we keep it in our carry on? If you say the carry on option like I've seen some youtube videos say, how am I supposed to enjoy the slides and flowrider while waiting for room to be ready if carrying around a big bag full of this stuff?

I am not very sure about this as I have not brought drinks aboard, so someone else can give you a definitive answer. However I think you are supposed to put it in your carry on, as security will flag the drinks and hold your bag. Again not so sure about this.

Enjoy your cruise!

1) With MTD, you can make those reservations NOW in your cruise planner. Waiting until you board will only guarantee you the worst leftover reservation spots.

2) December weather can be 80 or cold (LA cold is about 55) and wet in LA. Not sure what your itinerary goes, but if you are going to Cabo/Mazatlan then the weather is going to be more likely to be sunny and 80. Your first 2 days are likely to be too cold for outside lounging. 
3) it’s the same show

4) you can put it in either carry on or checked. 

You will definitely be cold on the first day or two and the last day while the ship is in LA. December is past our usual “summer weather” months of July-October so it will more than likely be pants/sweaters by the pool until you’re farther south. I sailed in early October last year and was bundled up in 2 towels on the pool deck the whole time (we didn’t go father south than Ensenada though). 

As for bringing on drinks, you need to put them in your carry-on if you don't want to get sent down to the naughty room to receive your bags after embarkation as drinks in checked baggage will be flagged. Bringing on your own drinks is cumbersome and they will be in your way while you're trying to Flowride or waterslide while you wait for rooms to open. That’s the trade off you need to be willing to make - be burdened with liquids for a few hours in order to save some money by not buying a drink package. 

15 hours ago, theapple477 said:

we keep it in our carry on? If you say the carry on option like I've seen some youtube videos say, how am I supposed to enjoy the slides and flowrider while waiting for room to be ready if carrying around a big bag full of this stuff?

Thank you in advanced for all the help!

The ice shows are likely the same.  They might have one night where they do a “showcase”-each skater has their own little thing they do to showcase their talent.

carry on, I prefer wheeled for my “must have” items. It is super easy to just wheel them from place to place, park it and enjoy the activity.  I don’t feel unsafe doing so.  Flowrider has benches-you can leave your stuff on that while you take your turn.  Sounds like December will be chilly so you might not want to be on flowrider.  I know in the past it must be at least 50 degrees for them to open .  I’m not familiar with the temps in LA.