Recheck the balance of what is owed on an upcoming cruise vs what your email receipt shows

I was checking today on our upcoming cruise and noticed that the remaining balance was different from my paperwork to what was showing on our Costco Travel account.  I called and once they reached out to RC the explanation was "not sure what happened" but they will correct the balance owing which was over $500 more than it should be.  I had called in a few months ago to ask Costco Travel a question about the cruise in question but never changed anything with my booking.  The rep contacted RC to get the answer to my question and somehow it got repriced at the higher rate.

Just an FYI because I previously never compared the final balance amount but was only focused on the date it was due.  Now I am going to make a spreadsheet to be checking it to see that another booking doesn't "accidentally " get changed.

Sounds like that free $100 gift card you’ll get after your cruise is really quite expensive.

RC is who repriced the cruise not Costco Travel.  We have had zero problems with Costco Travel and enjoy receiving the gift card instead of a bottle of cheap champagne in our room from our previous TA.

I had this happen with a March 24 sailing booking direct with RC. Somehow there was a glitch that double charged port fees and taxes to each person. I have a spreadsheet set up to track these things and I had logged in to make a payment and went “nope” and got on the phone. Took a couple days for the code to get corrected as the agent tried to fix it but it kept reverting back to double charges. I left my number and he called a couple days later letting me know it was fixed.