Another weird luggage tag question

I checked our luggage tags for our August 13, 2023 sail date. We purchased the Key program. On previous cruises with RC our tag was labeled “Key”. Our luggage was then separated out when we disembarked. Our current tags say “Gold Member”. I spoke with the rep yesterday and he said he would email the department to issue new tags with “key” tag. Got them today and they still say “ gold member”. 

Your embarkation luggage tags won't say Key on them, they onboard the same.  It's the the tags for when you disembark that will show for The Key.  They will be in your stateroom the last night.  That will have your luggage placed in a separate area when you get off.

What you have is correct.

3 hours ago, HBCcruiser said:

We also have the Key and are Emerald level but our tags say Platinum. Will this change? Does it even matter?

It does not matter. The porters and longshoremen do not segregate bags by tier level or purchased enhancements. When my wife took several of her friends, all the luggage tags showed the level of the lowest tier member even though we are D+. They all made it to the room at the same time. It is the enhancements on-board and at embarkation/disembarkation that the Key influences.