Cocktail Recipes on Royal Caribbean Ships

PG Cruiser

1 hour ago, HeWhoWaits said:

Since that's part of the recipe, why isn't it included in the ingredients list on all of these?

I don't know why.  There are several cocktails where not all the ingredients are listed on the menu, but they're on the recipe given to bartenders.  

My presentation style is to use what's on the menus and add the measurements.

Look at the menu vs the recipe

image.thumb.png.a9e30e85d2b9e2e40aca77a171044f95.png

AVOCADO MARGARITA
Sabor

07AvocadoMargarita.thumb.jpeg.b09d8351ded0d0dc086ae3302724a216.jpeg

NOTE:

Don't forget to add 1 oz of sugar syrup.

The original recipe says to use 0.5 oz of avocado. That's about one tablespoon. It looked too thin and the lime juice overpowered the avocado flavor. 

IMG_3189.thumb.jpeg.ceae010bd5e1f4f189908a84c3a7f1b5.jpeg

Recipes I found online mostly used half an avocado per serving, so that is how much I used for this.

GRAND SABOR MARGARITA
Sabor

08GrandSaborMargarita.thumb.jpeg.a062fd21d65759afea6b4e42977ce0fd.jpeg

NOTE:

This margarita is no longer on Sabor's current menu but they still serve it.

The Cedilla Açai Liqueur was hard to find in my area, but I did find a store that carries it. 

IMG_3196.thumb.jpeg.39c826fbaac74870db6866dfe0c8bdf1.jpeg

PASSION FRUIT MAI TAI 
Hideaway Beach 
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

01PassionFruitMaiTai.thumb.jpeg.a916a29fb221a33f576606370adfdd9a.jpeg 

NOTE:

This is one of the new cocktails served at Hideaway Beach on Coco Cay.

I had to label this as a copycat recipe because I have not gotten the exact measurements for each of the ingredients.  A cruising friend asked for them but she was only given ratios.  The measurements on this recipe are based on several recipes from online sources.

The search goes on for the "official" recipe.

I am a bit suspect of some of these.... I made a "Papa Jac" with Bacardi 8, passion fruit and lime and it wasn't close to the same thing I was served onboard. 

I really want to recreate the Labadoozy, but finding papaya puree is a chore. Also, what brand mixers is RC using, because it will make a huge difference.

My next experiment will be the desert pear margarita... It was a favorite of my wife.

27 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

Also, what brand mixers is RC using, because it will make a huge difference.

Mainly Finest Call these days, AFAIK.

28 minutes ago, Fastfaller said:

My next experiment will be the desert pear margarita... It was a favorite of my wife.

Your wife has good taste.

IMG_1949.thumb.jpeg.d204174a807836997f0e7d37f22cbb28.jpeg

SPARKLING BLUE HAWAIIAN 
Hideaway Beach
Perfect Day at Coco Cay

03SparklingBlueHawaiian.thumb.jpeg.9dcf81dc51a5c46bcc8b29ea7af7a65a.jpeg

NOTE:
This is one of the new cocktails served at Hideaway Beach on Coco Cay.  Some may say this is more of a "Blue Hawaii" than a "Blue Hawaiian," but this is how Royal named it.

If you use regular pineapple juice, the drink will be more green or turquoise than blue.  I used clarified pineapple juice.

IMG_3115.thumb.jpeg.67966d17c60a3203892d330f2516b263.jpeg

I had to label this as a copycat recipe because I have not gotten the exact measurements for each of the ingredients. A cruising friend asked for them but she was only given ratios. The measurements on this recipe are based on several recipes from online sources.

The search goes on for the "official" recipe.

11 hours ago, Fastfaller said:

I am a bit suspect of some of these....

I assure you, these are official recipes.  Unless the guests ask for some tweaks in the drink, bartenders should do their best to follow the recipe. Unfortunately, many of them feel like they're doing the guests a favor by adding their own spin to the drink.   The beverage manager on one ship knew of this project of mine and so he asked me, "Are my bartenders doing it right?  You're the right person to ask."

I made a "Papa Jac" with Bacardi 8

The official recipe calls for Bacardi Superior, not Bacardi 8.

I really want to recreate the Labadoozy, but finding papaya puree is a chore. Also, what brand mixers is RC using, because it will make a huge difference.

Royal uses the Sunsational Tropical Mix for the Labadoozie (aka Coco Loco).  Not sure if this has changed, now that they use Finest Call for many of their cocktails.

image.png.8cf17f690f681a12bfe4263cddadbc9d.png

I tried making the Desert Pear Margarita with homemade desert pear syrup.  I wasn't happy with it.

IMG_9122.thumb.jpeg.9d6fa72c2a58292751a5057b50cd6839.jpeg

Then I tried it with the REAL puree... still not happy.

image.png.a33dcc049d0d98df00d1b20a442c7413.png

So I had to order the MONIN syrup that Royal uses

IMG_2323.thumb.jpeg.f4f66bdd4d852134297c1b43e08859ca.jpeg

10 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

I assure you, these are official recipes.  Unless the guests ask for some tweaks in the drink, bartenders should do their best to follow the recipe. Unfortunately, many of them feel like they're doing the guests a favor by adding their own spin to the drink.   The beverage manager on one ship knew of this project of mine and so he asked me, "Are my bartenders doing it right?  You're the right person to ask."

The official recipe calls for Bacardi Superior, not Bacardi 8.

Royal uses the Sunsational Tropical Mix for the Labadoozie (aka Coco Loco).  Not sure if this has changed, now that they use Finest Call for many of their cocktails.

image.png.8cf17f690f681a12bfe4263cddadbc9d.png

I tried making the Desert Pear Margarita with homemade desert pear syrup.  I wasn't happy with it.

IMG_9122.thumb.jpeg.9d6fa72c2a58292751a5057b50cd6839.jpeg

Then I tried it with the REAL puree... still not happy.

image.png.a33dcc049d0d98df00d1b20a442c7413.png

So I had to order the MONIN syrup that Royal uses

IMG_2323.thumb.jpeg.f4f66bdd4d852134297c1b43e08859ca.jpeg

Well how did it come out with Monin?