GTY Assignment

I set sail on my first cruise on January 6th 2024, little over 5 months to go (174 days). I did GTY Ocean View Balcony on Radiance of the Seas and I checked the royal app to see if we had an assignment and we did! 8154! Should I expect it to change between now and then? Also, I’ve tried searching this room up to see how it looks and to find the category but my brain is hurting as I’ve gotten so many different answers on the category part, any help?

5 hours ago, AndrewJL said:

I set sail on my first cruise on January 6th 2024, little over 5 months to go (174 days). I did GTY Ocean View Balcony on Radiance of the Seas and I checked the royal app to see if we had an assignment and we did! 8154! Should I expect it to change between now and then? Also, I’ve tried searching this room up to see how it looks and to find the category but my brain is hurting as I’ve gotten so many different answers on the category part, any help?

According to www.cruisedeckplans.com, that is a category 3D.  I would not expect it to change at this point.  You can find photos of nearby, similar cabins on that site as well.

2 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

According to www.cruisedeckplans.com, that is a category 3D.  I would not expect it to change at this point.  You can find photos of nearby, similar cabins on that site as well.

As mentioned, it is unlikely to change. However, if you WANT to change for any reason (and booked from the US), you can look for any other available category 3D cabins and switch for free just by calling (or have your TA do it if you used one).

5 hours ago, AndrewJL said:

I do lots of GTY Cabins and you are lucky to get your cabin this early.  In my experience you will keep that cabin unless they upgrade you but that is not likely to upgrade from a Balcony.  Here is a link to a cabin on the other side of the ship.  It is the same location and size as the cabin you have just on the other side.  https://youtu.be/bSP2y7Oi_eQ

4 hours ago, Traveling Mike said:

I do lots of GTY Cabins and you are lucky to get your cabin this early.  In my experience you will keep that cabin unless they upgrade you but that is not likely to upgrade from a Balcony.  Here is a link to a cabin on the other side of the ship.  It is the same location and size as the cabin you have just on the other side.  https://youtu.be/bSP2y7Oi_eQ

I know I’m very lucky!

I would assume 3D is a good category then? I’m sorry if the question is obvious, I’m new to the cruise world!