Panama Cruise Port to Panama City Airport

Hello RCB Community,

We are doing a Southern Caribbean cruise on the Rhapsody in March through the Panama Canal where we will disembark the ship at Fuerte Amador Panama City cruise port. We are looking at a possible midday flight from Panama City airport but are concerned whether we will have sufficient time to catch an international flight. 

If you have had any experience with getting to or from this cruise port / airport, or travel times in Panama, we would appreciate any insight or information.   

By "Panama City airport" do you mean Tocumen International Airport? Google maps says that's about 40min from the cruise port, assuming no traffic. I would assume it'd be safe for flights departing after 12pm, maybe even 11am depending on how early the ship allows disembarkation.

I booked a later flight just in case.  I'm flying COPA who has a lounge so worst case is I hang out in the lounge for a while.  

Who can enter?

• Passengers traveling in Executive Class or Business Class traveling in Copa or on Star Alliance member airlines
  • ConnectMiles Gold passenger entitled to a guest traveling on Copa Airlines
  • ConnectMiles Platinum and Presidential passengers traveling on Copa Airlines with the right to enter with their direct family members (spouses and children under 21 years of age)
  • Passengers with Star Alliance Gold status on international flights with Star Alliance member airlines entitled to one guest traveling on a Star Alliance flight
  • Passengers traveling on international First Class of Star Alliance member airlines entitled to a guest traveling on a Star Alliance flight