Voyager of the Seas - Panoramic Room - Deck 12

Hey guys, I am tempted to book a transatlantic cruise from Galveston to Spain to set sail in May 2024 onboard Voyager of the Seas. I'm going solo and am looking at the panoramic staterooms which are located on Deck 12. The only rooms left available are forward (looking at room 1818 in particular). Wanted to get your thoughts: pros and cons. Do you think it's worth it? Thank you - here are the deck plans btw https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/voyager-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2214/12

We just stayed in Suite 1854 (Oceanview panoramic suite) a few weeks ago and I say DEFINITELY go for it.  The view is fantastic, and I honestly enjoyed it more than our balcony from our last cruise.  You'll be two decks above the bridge and see exactly what the bridge team sees.

My only downside to the room was that it *did* get kind of hot if you did not close the curtains during the day.  Other than that, it was great.

Haven't sailed in any of those cabins. Cruise deck plans has photos/videos of cabins on their site. Here is Explorer of the Seas (same class as Voyager) they have video of several cabins in that part of the ship. The cabins look good, we just prefer at least a balcony.

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/deckbydeck.php?ship=Explorer-of-the-Seas&deck=12

Cool! I have been on the fence about this for months - a balcony room seemed like too much for me going alone, but I also didn't want to be on the lower decks in a big porthole room. When I saw the panoramic rooms then it seemed like the perfect solution -- After getting on here and seeing the responses I immediately booked. Am so glad to hear about all the good experiences. Very much looking forward to it 🙂

15 minutes ago, JazzBassMan said:

Another good point for these rooms is that they were all added well after the ship was built. The decor and overall condition of the room is much better than the rooms in other parts of the ship. 

True!  The only problem with our stateroom was the lack of outlets.  There were two, and they were both on the vanity.

Thankfully, we had a cool stateroom attendant who provided me with a couple extension cords to reach the nightstand!