Moving a deposit to a later sailing?

I am booked on the Oasis of the Seas in October. I have paid my deposit so far and was planning to pay the balance this week. The final payment is due in about 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, an emergency medical issue has come up with my husband and I don't know if he will be fully recovered by October to go on the cruise.

Can I switch my deposit to another sailing in Spring/Summer of 2024 or do I lose my deposit? We would have to pick a different ship since the Oasis will not be sailing out of NJ during that time, but that doesn't matter to us. We are new to RC and have plenty of ships to try out. We look forward to sailing on them all one day. Just hoping we can move the deposit to another sailing. I think pushing back the cruise will give my husband enough time to recover and go through physical therapy and we can enjoy the crui

1 minute ago, Scarlett625 said:

I am booked on the Oasis of the Seas in October. I have paid my deposit so far and was planning to pay the balance this week. The final payment is due in about 3 weeks.

Unfortunately, an emergency medical issue has come up with my husband and I don't know if he will be fully recovered by October to go on the cruise.

Can I switch my deposit to another sailing in Spring/Summer of 2024 or do I lose my deposit? We would have to pick a different ship since the Oasis will not be sailing out of NJ during that time, but that doesn't matter to us. We are new to RC and have plenty of ships to try out. We look forward to sailing on them all one day. Just hoping we can move the deposit to another sailing. I think pushing back the cruise will give my husband enough time to recover and go through physical therapy and we can enjoy the crui

You can switch and not lose your deposit. Just you'd have an extra $100pp added onto your final bill.

I just did this. Well, my TA did it for me. We switched from Wonder in Oct to Vision in August and they asked for the $100 pp upfront. Our deposit wasn't affected in any way. 

When I did this last year, they just added the change fee to our total and didn't ask for it up front. Not sure if that was a "last year" thing or if it depends on other factors like the TA or the RCI customer rep you get.