New Dining package prices

Ampurp85

14 hours ago, MelKaps said:

I spotted a glitch in the cruise planner last week for the UDP. Regular price was $199pp and the sale price was $148.99pp. This was $75 less than what I paid. After clicking on it, it said sold out and I was unable to purchase it. However, I called up Royal and was on the phone for an hour. They were unable to refund me, so instead they generously gave me $150 OBC for how much I would have saved.

i am so glad they offered OBC for the difference. a lot of times, they insist there is no recourse. you lucked out!! đź’šđź’š

• 8 months later...

I would always purchase the three night dining package for a seven night cruise on the Anthem. The price was pretty steady at $109. Not bad for two visits to Chops and one Jaime’s.

The problems with purchasing the package are…I can’t pre-reserve on the Cruise Planner. I had to wait until I boarded and then rush to a restaurant host desk to wait in line. Only then could I make my reservations…hoping the dates and times I wanted were available. It wasn’t too difficult for me because I’m usually solo, but I wondered how someone trying to arrange for a family or group had to manage. Always added some stress on boarding day.
Also, I always choose early dining in the MDR. I love walking to my table as soon as the doors open. But whenever I purchase a three night dining package, my dining is automatically changed to MyTime. I guess they figure my spot can be released for the other four nights. Again, I would need to rush to the MDR desk, wait in line, and hope they could change me back to early dining.

@BrianB or anyone else...Were you able to go back to traditional early seating  after purchasing the 3 night package? If I already have my specialty reservations, can I get traditional early seating at the MDR desk for just the 4 days I know I will want to be there? Are they (MDR desk) open upon boarding?