Cruising with a 15 month b

WMF

We will be on the Wonder March 2024 with a 15 month baby.  While just on board the Wonder the Guest Services or Baby area could never really answer questions.  Can past parents give me an idea of what RCCL supplies and recommendations to help ready us for our vacation.

Don't rely on Royal for any baby supplies.

I'd estimate how much formula, wipes, diapers, snacks your baby uses in a week, and then add 50% more than you think.

Go to the nursery on day 1 and register your child.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2020/04/07/introduction-bringing-toddlers-royal-caribbean-cruise

Thanks for the blog!

Reading comments on the RCCL blog "Introduction-bringing toddlers-royal-caribbean-cruise"  a person stated the crib provided was only 1/2 the size of a pack-n-play which I find hard to believe!  Can someone tell me the dims?  I have heard its best to take your own pack-n-play mattress which means the crib should be the same size.

When I took my 7 month old (about 4 years ago now), we were on Anthem and they gave us a pack and play (not a crib). We ended up bringing a pack and play cover for it.

Also, we packed all of our disposable baby stuff into an empty cardboard box (we used a diaper box), so it was less to bring home. This was for diapers, wipes, baby snacks, disposable spoons, disposable bibs, disposable placemats, formula, etc... Tossed a luggage tag on the box and sent it to our room! It helped not having an extra suitcase to bring home at the end. 

19 hours ago, WMF said:

Thanks!  Did you use their provided crib?   If yes can you tell me if a pack/play mattress will fit.

Here is a previous thread where someone posted the size of the crib - 

This is also a good comparison that someone had posted in a FB group from 2019 of their Pack N Play vs. what the ship provided. Obviously your results may vary based on the ship, but my understanding is they are fairly standard fleet wide - 

No photo description available. 

We’ll be sailing with a 26 month old in July. She has only ever slept in a crib. I have a feeling she won’t fit in the crib they provide and we don’t really want to bring a full size one.

We’re taking Matt’s advice and saying YOLO BOOK it and will have her sleep on the sofa bed with a blow up bed rail. 

What could go wrong, right?!

2 hours ago, ZBrady said:

We’ll be sailing with a 26 month old in July. She has only ever slept in a crib. I have a feeling she won’t fit in the crib they provide and we don’t really want to bring a full size one.

We’re taking Matt’s advice and saying YOLO BOOK it and will have her sleep on the sofa bed with a blow up bed rail. 

What could go wrong, right?!

That is a good idea! Have super fun on your cruise and please, I'd love to hear your tips and how the bed situation went.