Izumi sushi, best rolls or things to get

Glider299

11 hours ago, Glider299 said:

Im planning on going to Izumi (sushi only). I’m curious what you all think are the best sushi rolls or food on the menu?

CHAMPAGNE LOBSTER ROLL
Blanched lobster, avocado, daikon sprouts, soy wrap, Champagne sauce, dried chili thread

SPICY CRISPY TUNA ROLL*
Spicy tuna & asparagus flash-fried in panko bread crumbs, unagi sauce, roasted sesame seeds

These were my favorites 😋

3 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

CHAMPAGNE LOBSTER ROLL
Blanched lobster, avocado, daikon sprouts, soy wrap, Champagne sauce, dried chili thread

SPICY CRISPY TUNA ROLL*
Spicy tuna & asparagus flash-fried in panko bread crumbs, unagi sauce, roasted sesame seeds

These were my favorites 😋

They sound amazing.  I will be looking for these in a few weeks

Champagne roll was good, but overall, I found Izumi rolls to be quite overwhelming, not at all nuanced, and big.  

We ate Izumi's 3 times last year and on 2 different cruises.  I have always said, don't compare cruise ship food/amusement park food/resort food to Michelin Star food.  Izumi's is good. Not Japan good. Not even Los Angeles good.  It would be a disservice to myself if I expected Izumi's to be as good as in Japan.  Just enjoy.

My recommendations are:

1. The sashimi plate. It is above average, but has variety of at least 4 fish/seafoods, at least 3 different types of seaweed, and elegantly presented.

2. The Karaage chicken. It is very good.

3. Poke Bowl.  It is more like a chirashi bowl. It is not too big, but not too small. Solid option.

20 hours ago, DublinFC said:

They sound amazing.  I will be looking for these in a few weeks

15 hours ago, foxrunner said:

SPICY CRISPY TUNA ROLL

YUMMY!

Big as noted above.

The wasabi is nice and fresh, read hot!

Awesome! Hope you enjoy. I really liked when the had the Sushi&Sake Lunch as it gave me the opportunity to try different things that the chef chose. 
I go on every cruise here. It’s enjoyable for me and since I usually go myself (my husband and son are into Hibachi) the staff always gives me a great experience and sometimes I get something different that they come up with. Have I had incredible Sushi in other places, yes, but to be able to have it on a cruise, makes me happy. 

3 hours ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

Awesome! Hope you enjoy. I really liked when the had the Sushi&Sake Lunch as it gave me the opportunity to try different things that the chef chose. 
I go on every cruise here. It’s enjoyable for me and since I usually go myself (my husband and son are into Hibachi) the staff always gives me a great experience and sometimes I get something different that they come up with. Have I had incredible Sushi in other places, yes, but to be able to have it on a cruise, makes me happy. 

I booked the sushi class so I am looking forward to that.