Drinks Packages whilst onboard?

mttsmth

Hey!

Heading on a 10 day cruise from Rome shortly, this’ll be our 4th with RC. During all the past ones we’ve got the ultimate drinks package (either as part of a sale or booked before hand). In an effort to not put on a stone after 10 days, we’re considering not getting the drinks package before we board. 

Because we’ve always had a drinks package we’ve never paid too much attention to the situation onboard, both of us sorta remember there being the possibility of purchasing the deluxe drinks package after a few days. But wanted to check what the experience was likely to be? Also, if you get the refreshments package is there any sort of discount / refund if you then ‘upgrade’ to the deluxe one? 

Thanks!

We just got off Anthem and had only purchased the refreshment package in advance.  We had bought and canceled the DBP before buying the refreshment package, but two drinks in, we realized that it would be more worth it to get the DBP, so we transferred the refreshment package to our kids and got the DBP at buy one, get one 50% off on the ship.  The cost was only $2 more per person, per day.  It might vary depending on the ship.

1 hour ago, Mark_A said:

Ive transferred the Refreshment package to the DBP on day 1 before.  they gave me a refund on the RRP, and charged me for the DBP

That’s not a transfer.  You cancelled one package & purchased another.  Poster Kirsten indicated she TRANSFERRED the refreshment package to another passenger.  Did GS just move it to the child’s seapass then charge her for a DBP?  And in both of these cases, didn’t you/she pay a higher on board price?

On 4/23/2023 at 6:03 PM, Pooch said:

How did you transfer your refreshment package and $2 more pp versus what?

Yes- they added the refreshment package to our children's sea passes and took them off of ours.  There were no additional charges for that.  And we ended up paying 67.99 per person for the DBP, when we had originally gotten them for 66.99 or 65.99.

ETA: sorry if my original post was unclear- I was still recovering from our cruise!

59 minutes ago, Kirsten said:

Yes- they added the refreshment package to our children's sea passes and took them off of ours.  There were no additional charges for that.  And we ended up paying 67.99 per person for the DBP, when we had originally gotten them for 66.99 or 65.99.

ETA: sorry if my original post was unclear- I was still recovering from our cruise!

that was my understanding of what you originally posted also.