7 night Southbound Alaska Excursion Recommendations

Hi All,

I wanted to poll the collective wisdom of the group. We have a 7 night southbound Alaska cruise coming up and wanted to find out from those who are experienced with these ports about recommendations for excursions or "must dos". Also interested in the "never do agains"! Any recommendations for activities that are not Official RC excursions? We have two elementary school aged kids so that may factor into recommendations as well.

Again the ports are

1) Seward

2) Juneau

3) Skagway

4) Haines

5) Icy Strait Point

6) Ketchikan

7) Vancouver

Thanks in advance!!

Juneau: rent a car and tour on your own, particularly Mendenhall Glacier
Skagway: White Pass Railroad - I don't remember there being a VIP option? But if you don't get it, make sure to get sit in the last car - no view obstacles from the back! You can buy through RC or independently (I think for the same price), but the pick up for RC is right off the pier, while independent pick up is at the depot.
Icy Strait: whale watching through Hoonah Travel Adventures - small boat (max 15 I think) and excellent tour guide
Ketchikan: we did the Misty Fjords tour and wouldn't recommend only because it's a lot of travel time for maybe 20 minutes by the actual fjords