Liberty of the Seas April 24th sailing, Wet Dock ? never heard of it

Wet dock is common and is often used by ships in between their 5 year dry docks.  Think beyond cruise ships that are relatively minor in the global shipping industry.  For every cruise ship there are many, many more ships such as cargo, container, tanker and many more.  Cruise ships are a relatively smal sector of the shipping industry.

What is the concern?

17 minutes ago, twangster said:

Wet dock is common and is often used by ships in between their 5 year dry docks.  Think beyond cruise ships that are relatively minor in the global shipping industry.  For every cruise ship there are many, many more ships such as cargo, container, tanker and many more.  Cruise ships are a relatively smal sector of the shipping industry.

What is the concern?

I don't have a concern it's just that this was the first cruise cancelled for us but we were allowed to rebook on the same ship just a few days later.  Also I had never heard the term in all the years that we have cruised so I knew this group would have much better insight than me.  I really didn't think that they would be able to resolve the issue in just 3 days and I was prepared for RC to cancel our April 24th sailing.

19 hours ago, Montemy2419 said:

I don't have a concern it's just that this was the first cruise cancelled for us but we were allowed to rebook on the same ship just a few days later.  Also I had never heard the term in all the years that we have cruised so I knew this group would have much better insight than me.  I really didn't think that they would be able to resolve the issue in just 3 days and I was prepared for RC to cancel our April 24th sailing.

My best guess is that they need to survey the hull and clean any foreign growth before entering Canadian waters.  This is usually accomplished by divers while the ship is tied up at a berth.  They may be dealing with some other work that's easier with no guests but not major enough to warrant a shipyard visit.