Is family comedy show same as regular comedy show just toned down?

Haven't done the family friendly show in a while and it will vary depending on the comedians but at least a decent portion should be new as some of the adult jokes usually need to be fully replaced. It's not likely to be the same joke but he uses "fudge" instead of the profane F-word.

On one cruise we saw one of the comedians from the Adult show sitting in Central Park after we had seen him perform the night before and stopped to tell him how much we enjoyed his show. He seemed genuinely appreciative. We then asked if he changes up his set at all throughout the week or if it's identical (b/c we were liked him enough to go back) and he said he does try to switch up some of the show from night to night. We ended up going a 2nd time and about half his routine was indeed new.

I just mentioned that anecdote to illustrate that it's really going to be dependent on who the comedians are and how they choose to arrange their material. Hope this helps.

The same comedians did both shows on Allure in January, the shows were similar, but not exactly the same, and the family friendly one was indeed family friendly. I wasn’t able to see the non family friendly shows, they were all booked up, but I asked friends on board who attended both.

It was the same two comedians last April on Allure as well. We were on her again last week, and we didn't go to the family show, but I think I remember seeing the same names on the planner. 

This was what I wrote up about our experience last year:

"We went to the one on Allure last spring. I didn't think it was very good, especially for kids, although they did like the jokes about the cabin bathrooms and showers. The one comedian was doing a whole monologue about his dating life and making some pretty misogynistic comments that I thought were inappropriate for the young audience. It was like he took his adult routine and just took out the curse words for the kids. There were a lot of blank faces in the elementary-aged audience and some fake laughs like, I don't really get why this is funny, but it's "comedy" so I'll laugh. "