Crown and anchor kids coupons

Looked at the fine print for youth benefits (46) and it does discuss how the child had the parents status and is removed at the 18th bday.  I'm guessing that those that have status based on their own actual cruise activity still quality for these perks.  The verbiage does not expressly state one way or the other. 

My real questions is why they don't include some of the benefits for older C&A members.  For example, we will be doing the HNL to YVR transit and have multiple sea days.  We like the sea days and don't have an issue since our son is travelling with us, but if he wasn't it would still be nice to have the BOGO movie perk.  That one really doesn't seem to be a huge financial burden to the corporation as a whole and might actually get a few more dollars as some folks might be inclined to purchase the first movie to get the second.  Also the Ben and Jerry's, if the child is the only one that gets the discount, it might decrease the likely hood of a parent making a purchase.  50% of two purchases is better than 50% of one and 100% of nothing.    

2 hours ago, ScooterScott22 said:

Looked at the fine print for youth benefits (46) and it does discuss how the child had the parents status and is removed at the 18th bday.  I'm guessing that those that have status based on their own actual cruise activity still quality for these perks.  The verbiage does not expressly state one way or the other. 

My real questions is why they don't include some of the benefits for older C&A members.  For example, we will be doing the HNL to YVR transit and have multiple sea days.  We like the sea days and don't have an issue since our son is travelling with us, but if he wasn't it would still be nice to have the BOGO movie perk.  That one really doesn't seem to be a huge financial burden to the corporation as a whole and might actually get a few more dollars as some folks might be inclined to purchase the first movie to get the second.  Also the Ben and Jerry's, if the child is the only one that gets the discount, it might decrease the likely hood of a parent making a purchase.  50% of two purchases is better than 50% of one and 100% of nothing.    

Some adults benefits don't map well to youth so they are trying to find something in place of an adult benefit for youth members.  

The program has to have limits.  The bulk of members are adults so the program has carefully crafted a selection of perks and benefits mostly tailored to adults.  Not everyone will see the same value in a particular perk.  Some may never use the Diamond free picture.  Someone else may have no interest in a theater tour.  In the end the free program offers a cross section of perks and benefits aimed to please the majority.  I don't use the free picture and I don't eat ice cream so both are or would be wasted on me.  I'd rather have a free specialty lunch but that isn't part of the program.   You want some ice cream.  Someone else wants a haircut discount.  Someone else wants a Playmakers discount.  Someone else wants...

The program is what it is and the substitutions for youth are just a way to try to offer something that age group may appreciate.