Curries - Caribbean

BillHoo

A lot has been said on the forums about the great Indian curries one can get in the WJ or have brought to the MDR.

I'm doing a Bermuda cruise on Anthem in June and was wondering if they ever make Caribbean style curries?  Curried goat (or lamb) chicken, or beef (oxtail), Jamaican Peas and Rice or Stew peas?  Brown Stew Chicken... Two Tail Stew?

5 hours ago, toodle68 said:

I have seen spicy foods in WJ.. but every dish I would expect to be spicy from the MDR has always turned out to be bland.

I think spicy is a relative term. When I order something spicy in a restaurant, i tend to be the only one at the table able to handle the heat. Although others say they like spicy food.

Years ago I worked with a woman who actually said one day, while we talking about spicy foods,  that she thought Heinz ketchup was kinda spicy! What??

I'm on Allure now and they have chicken curry in the WJ which is excellent but it's not yellow curry like a Jamaican curry chicken. They also have curry goat which I didn't care for the sauce which I think had coconut milk so it's a bit sweet. 

On "Caribbean" night in the WJ they had decent rice and peas, maduros, and patties (which were meh)

3 hours ago, toodle68 said:

Just got back from Majesty..  lots of spicy foods in WJ, including a great Indian Curry.. but all the foods in MDR was non spicy.

I would imagine that the cruise destination and ethnic make-up of the passengers plays a big part in menu preparation. I'm hope I'm wrong but I don't see a lot of spicy dishes headed our way on our Oct cruise to Canada and New England.  :37_disappointed: I can always asked them to spice something up in the MDR, though.