Ocean adventures

Has anyone tried oceans adventure on harmony of the seas? I have an 11 year old son and a 9 year old daughter. I’m thinking of giving them some free time to be around kids their own age. And of course we would have some free time as well. We would do activities together throughout the day during sea travel. But I figured you can only do so much water slides and rock climbing. I’m hoping ocean adventures can entertain them for a few hours

My kids have loved Adventure Ocean on every ship they have been on. They were 10 and 7 on their first cruise, now 14 and 11, and they're counting down the days until they get to go back to AO. Our son would spend every minute we are on the ship there.

We've not been on Harmony, but the programs (games, themes) have been almost identical on each sailing.

Same experience as @melmar02 - I think I literally did have to drag my youngest away from Adventure Ocean once. 🤣 Both of my kids have loved it, it seems to be very well run, and I would have no hesitation recommending it to other parents. 

For your 11-year-old, depending on how you feel, you can actually sign a waiver over in the teen area to allow them to hang out there. When my oldest was eligible for the teen hangouts, my youngest was 11 and desperately wanted to be with their sibling. Voila! My youngest has since told me that 11 years old is the perfect age to cruise because of that - you can take advantage of Adventure Ocean as well as the teen hangout! 😉

4 hours ago, Cactus527 said:

Same experience as @melmar02 - I think I literally did have to drag my youngest away from Adventure Ocean once. 🤣 Both of my kids have loved it, it seems to be very well run, and I would have no hesitation recommending it to other parents. 

For your 11-year-old, depending on how you feel, you can actually sign a waiver over in the teen area to allow them to hang out there. When my oldest was eligible for the teen hangouts, my youngest was 11 and desperately wanted to be with their sibling. Voila! My youngest has since told me that 11 years old is the perfect age to cruise because of that - you can take advantage of Adventure Ocean as well as the teen hangout! 😉

I'm really glad to hear this because we went in February, and my son JUST turned 11. On day 3 when we finally convinced him to go try it and  told him to  shoot us a text if he left and went back to the room. Well, we FINALLY get to go check out the solarium and are at the bar maybe 10 minutes when he sends us a text that he's already back in the room because he hated it. He felt like in a group of 6-11 year old's, he was the old man of the group. He told us it was a bunch of 6-8 year old's throwing hula hoops around a room and he didn't feel like he fit in. SO we are going back in October, and really hope he will give it another shot if we can get him in the older kids group- we got to do none of the "adult" things we planned like the comedy show and solarium pools\hot tubs. Would really like at least an hour or two to get them in this time around! 

4 hours ago, ScottD said:

I'm really glad to hear this because we went in February, and my son JUST turned 11. On day 3 when we finally convinced him to go try it and  told him to  shoot us a text if he left and went back to the room. Well, we FINALLY get to go check out the solarium and are at the bar maybe 10 minutes when he sends us a text that he's already back in the room because he hated it. He felt like in a group of 6-11 year old's, he was the old man of the group. He told us it was a bunch of 6-8 year old's throwing hula hoops around a room and he didn't feel like he fit in. SO we are going back in October, and really hope he will give it another shot if we can get him in the older kids group- we got to do none of the "adult" things we planned like the comedy show and solarium pools\hot tubs. Would really like at least an hour or two to get them in this time around! 

Similar experience with the teen optix program. My daughter felt the same about some of the earlier programs — they were geared towards the younger kids. However, she learned to go later when the younger kids had left and she enjoyed it from about 10pm on. She really liked the scavenger hunt. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/17/2023 at 12:02 AM, Cactus527 said:

I wish you could sign a waiver the other way. My daughter is 11 and loves adventure ocean.    When she turns 13 I'm pretty sure I'm going to rather she stay in AO.  I don't want her in teen club or unsupervised, running around the boat with teen boys.