Can anyone verify: making reservations with package

Jill

Someone in a Facebook group said that they were not allowed to go to a specialty restaurant to make their reservations for the week. They were directed to the theater which had a very long line. This was on oasis. 

Has anyone had this experience? 

When we boarded OA on 2-26 we were directed to the MDR where there was a kiosk for specialty dining and another for MTD reservations.  I never tried to go to a specialty restaurant to make my reservations so I can’t say that this option wasn’t available, just that they seemed to be directing everyone to the MDR kiosks. I have no idea whether the specialty restaurants themselves were making reservations, too, or not.

When I was done making my specialty reservations and moved over to the MDR area, our name was placed on a list and we were invited to have a seat, whereafter, we were called to the kiosk and our MTD rezzies were made.  I thought the system was great !  I got every reservation date and time I requested and didn’t have a painfully long wait in line.

TBH, I hate it when I’m trying to have lunch at one of the specialty dining restaurants on embarkation day and there are a gaggle of people simultaneously trying to book reservations.  I think the system they used on OA this past week is a much better solution than tying up restaurant staff who are trying to serve lunch with reservation-seekers.

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Someone in a Facebook group said that they were not allowed to go to a specialty restaurant to make their reservations for the week. They were directed to the theater which had a very long line. This was on oasis. 

Has anyone had this experience? 

We were on Symphony of the Seas a week or so ago (boarded on Feb 18) and we made our Specialty Dining reservations at 150 Central Park - went there right after boarding (had a 10:30am boarding time) and took care of all of our specialty dining for the week there 

36 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

When we boarded OA on 2-26 we were directed to the MDR where there was a kiosk for specialty dining and another for MTD reservations.  I never tried to go to a specialty restaurant to make my reservations so I can’t say that this option wasn’t available, just that they seemed to be directing everyone to the MDR kiosks. I have no idea whether the specialty restaurants themselves were making reservations, too, or not.

When I was done making my specialty reservations and moved over to the MDR area, our name was placed on a list and we were invited to have a seat, whereafter, we were called to the kiosk and our MTD rezzies were made.  I thought the system was great !  I got every reservation date and time I requested and didn’t have a painfully long wait in line.

TBH, I hate it when I’m trying to have lunch at one of the specialty dining restaurants on embarkation day and there are a gaggle of people simultaneously trying to book reservations.  I think the system they used on OA this past week is a much better solution than tying up restaurant staff who are trying to serve lunch with reservation-seekers.

Ok thank you! I hate surprises and I have “my” system down pat. Now I shall prepare to run to MDR kiosk! 😂 As long as my show reservations are already made prior to boarding, I’ll just have to worry about dinner reservations. I’m so Type A but everyone who travels with us loves me because I plan everything and they just show up when I tell them too! 😂

41 minutes ago, Jill said:

Ok thank you! I hate surprises and I have “my” system down pat. Now I shall prepare to run to MDR kiosk! 😂 As long as my show reservations are already made prior to boarding, I’ll just have to worry about dinner reservations. I’m so Type A but everyone who travels with us loves me because I plan everything and they just show up when I tell them too! 😂

Lol this is me. I make all the reservations for everyone when we travel and they show up.

I will say my experience was very much like @WAAAYTOOO when I was on Oasis in Jan. I made all the reservations in the MDR with a crewmember, we had a 10:30am boarding and was the first in line. She didn't do a good job, so it was fixed during our Giovanni's lunch on embarkation day.