Hotel recommendations going on Allure out of Galveston

Raven

We are going on Allure of the Seas out of Galveston this summer, flying into Houston Hobby.  Where should we stay?  Any good recommendations of a place to stay near places to eat dinner and a liquor store where we can buy wine to bring on the ship? Also, we are traveling with 2 teen boys so need a place that can accommodate us.   Also, how did you get to the port? Car rental isn't an option,  how was uber/lyft? Did you experience surge pricing the day of the cruise or for your departure? 

We usually stay at the Comfort Inn and suites in Texas City, about 20 minutes from the port.  I have seen other people staying there get Lyft to get to the port (I live in Texas, so we just drive down the night before and drive ourselves to the port).  It is not on the island and not touristy, but has some food choices nearby and has worked out well for my family of 5 as a good place to sleep the night before.  It is on the outskirts of a shopping mall, so if you want to go to the movies or something the night before, it is walkable.