Questions

Kptkaos

Goood day everyone hope we are all having a lovely time on our vacations or vacation planning. This is my first cruise (Perfect day at Cocokay). I’ve watched many videos and with it I’m worried I may have not made enough flight time, I booked my flight through Air2Sea from Newark estimated 4pm lift off land in Miami ideally 8pm of 21st. Embarkation day is the 22nd. Did I book enough time or should I have done a full 24 hrs 

Air2Sea is supposed to be able to assure your arrival, so you're probably safe here. If you want to be extra safe, you can try to take a flight earlier that day.

I've done a similar route on several cruises now (IAD instead of EWR) leaving at 5PM from DC and getting to Miami or Fort Lauderdale around 8PM. I think that there are also flights that leave AFTER 5PM from EWR that go to FLL or MIA, so if your flight is cancelled there are probably some same day options if seats are open. 

Hi @Kptkaos and welcome to this forum.  You will be able to spend hours on this site learning about everything cruise worthy!

Your flight time should work perfectly.  Hopefully you found a relatively cheaper end hotel since you won’t be spending much time there except sleeping to re-energize for your cruise.  Not sure what ship or month you have chosen for this “maiden voyage” but it’s pretty safe to say it should be awesome.

I hope you enjoy your first and hopefully not your last cruise on Royal!

What time of year?  You state the 21st and 22nd, but not the month.

If it's the winter months, then you have to be aware that there's a greater chance of bad weather being an issue. Not just in Newark, but if your plane is supposed to be coming in from another location.  Typically, the day before is perfect.  Our next cruise is January 2024.  Although we depart on Saturday, we are currently planning on flying into Ft. Lauderdale (from Boston or Providence) on Thursday.  If worst case came about, we would have an extra day to figure out how to get down there.