Deck 9 or 11 for Boardwalk balcony...very last room?

ScottD

Weird question. We just got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and loved out 9th deck boardwalk balcony. About to book again for October and see the very last rooms on deck 9 AND 11,  closest to the back\aqua theater are open. I think we want to grab one of these because the last one was toward the other end, right near the middle of the ship, which was great...but thinking being right at the back would be cool, almost like an aqua theater suit without the price (or amenities).  My only very simple question...would it be better on 9 or 11, they are both available. We liked 9 because having music hall down the hallway was a nice little spot for our night caps without going far. But wondering if the view would be better on 11 to see over the theatre and get a nice ocean view, too. I know...I'm being picky, but hey...figured I'd ask before I call! 

I stayed in 11329 last month.  Watched the entire aquatheatre show with the slide not blocking the view at all.  Great room.  Not much noise from the boardwalk or top deck (except during the aqua show.  Good Views as well out the back.  

Attached PDFs of pictures...heading to work and it didn't seem to like my attempts at embedding photos...

Boardwalk Balcony.pdf Show.pdf

1 hour ago, Xaa said:

I would stay on 9, but I probably wouldn't select either because of the walk to the elevators.  It's you're right to be picky and pick exactly what you like.

The elevator thing is the only deterrent!

1 hour ago, Plumlee2028 said:

I stayed in 11329 last month.  Watched the entire aquatheatre show with the slide not blocking the view at all.  Great room.  Not much noise from the boardwalk or top deck (except during the aqua show.  Good Views as well out the back.  

Attached PDFs of pictures...heading to work and it didn't seem to like my attempts at embedding photos...

Boardwalk Balcony.pdf 19.93 MB · 7 downloads Show.pdf 24.87 MB · 6 downloads

Thanks for the pics...very cool view! 

We stayed on deck 10 in the second to last room on Harmony back in 2018 and had a really great views, room 10327, had minor slide blocking a tiny portion but was able to see the show without any issue. Elevator walk isn't ideal but have had much worse as some hotels, besides, we enjoy being able to watch the show and have a back side water view so the elevator location isn't a deal breaker for us. Last photo has a good view if you are close to the center of the balcony but if I moved all the way over it was even better.

We sail on the Wonder in late April and was able to snag the last room on the opposite side this time so we are excited about that. Room 10729

Our ViewThe Fine Line

image.thumb.jpeg.e5512e92bc1576fb11488f4230f7c87f.jpeg

5 hours ago, ScottD said:

Weird question. We just got off Oasis 2 weeks ago and loved out 9th deck boardwalk balcony. About to book again for October and see the very last rooms on deck 9 AND 11,  closest to the back\aqua theater are open. I think we want to grab one of these because the last one was toward the other end, right near the middle of the ship, which was great...but thinking being right at the back would be cool, almost like an aqua theater suit without the price (or amenities).  My only very simple question...would it be better on 9 or 11, they are both available. We liked 9 because having music hall down the hallway was a nice little spot for our night caps without going far. But wondering if the view would be better on 11 to see over the theatre and get a nice ocean view, too. I know...I'm being picky, but hey...figured I'd ask before I call! 

Just came off the Harmony in suite 9329, it has an obstructed view to the aqua theater. The slide will block about 1/4 of your view to the aqua theater.

2 hours ago, Hockeyman55 said:

We stayed on deck 10 in the second to last room on Harmony back in 2018 and had a really great views, room 10327, had minor slide blocking a tiny portion but was able to see the show without any issue. Elevator walk isn't ideal but have had much worse as some hotels, besides, we enjoy being able to watch the show and have a back side water view so the elevator location isn't a deal breaker for us. Last photo has a good view if you are close to the center of the balcony but if I moved all the way over it was even better.

We sail on the Wonder in late April and was able to snag the last room on the opposite side this time so we are excited about that. Room 10729

/cdn-cgi/mirage/ff22986642d81dc8782338e615e0bb6d6ff94648dd2a09339f2d16606d68fee3/1280/https://live.staticflickr.com/1754/42388112251_2d6f3b098f_b.jpg/cdn-cgi/mirage/ff22986642d81dc8782338e615e0bb6d6ff94648dd2a09339f2d16606d68fee3/1280/https://live.staticflickr.com/906/28378876018_eeb21520d3_b.jpg

/cdn-cgi/mirage/ff22986642d81dc8782338e615e0bb6d6ff94648dd2a09339f2d16606d68fee3/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_02/image.thumb.jpeg.e5512e92bc1576fb11488f4230f7c87f.jpeg

Thank you! Great pics

3 hours ago, recogneyes said:

We've stayed in the last room on deck 11 a few times and loved it.  The view is amazing.  I would pick deck 11 over 9 if it is available.

They are both available as of now. I was leaning toward 11,too..seems like higher is better. 

13 hours ago, Plumlee2028 said:

Boardwalk Balcony.pdf 19.93 MB · 25 downloads Show.pdf 24.87 MB · 25 downloads

Just got off the phone and went with 11729. Thanks for the feedback