Found model thanks all!

chopper

Hello community.  We were just on liberty of the seas and they reported they were getting more ship models the very next cruise.  Any chance someone is going on liberty soon and would be willing to buy a ship and send it to me?  Obviously I would pay for ship, shipping and add some for your trouble.  We have a model for every cruise we have been on and missing this is killing my wife hahaha.  Thanks for reading!

I really wish RC would sell the models on their website.  I recently decided to start purchasing and displaying models of the ships we've been on (have a new finished room and I'd like to theme it around our vacations).  I bought Explorer while on the ship, my kids got me 2 others via eBay for gifts.  But they said the cost was fairly high.  The ones they got me came fully boxed and unopened, so my suspicion is that crew members and/or passengers are buying them onboard and then reselling them at a good profit.  Such is life.  I'll count on them adding 1 or 2 a year until I have all 9 models (6 more to go), and from now on I'll make a point of purchasing one when I'm on a new ship.

1 hour ago, PatsFanBrian said:

I really wish RC would sell the models on their website.  

I agree 100%!  Not sure why Royal is not promoting/offering online merchandise sales... any swag and logo merchandise is advertising and additional revenue for them.  Even if they only had a select inventory and charged slightly higher than the onboard prices. Maybe a few mugs, t-shirts, lanyards, ornaments, ship models, etc.  I'm sure many have disembarked and regretted not purchasing something from the shop while onboard.

We started collecting the ship model (3D) x-mas ornaments... we were able to grab Allure and Oasis, but on our more recent sailings on Odyssey and Wonder they were both out of stock literally before the merch shop opened on day 1. On Wonder last month, they stated they have been out for almost 4 weeks!  

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

We started collecting the ship model (3D) x-mas ornaments... we were able to grab Allure and Oasis, but on our more recent sailings on Odyssey and Wonder they were both out of stock literally before the merch shop opened on day 1. On Wonder last month, they stated they have been out for almost 4 weeks!  

I was able to get the Odyssey when I was on her last April. When I got home and put it next to my Quantum 3-D one ; the Odyssey was a bit smaller. I thought Odyssey was suppose to be a bit bigger😂.  I think they changed manufacturers since covid.  

22 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

I agree 100%!  Not sure why Royal is not promoting/offering online merchandise sales... any swag and logo merchandise is advertising and additional revenue for them.  Even if they only had a select inventory and charged slightly higher than the onboard prices. Maybe a few mugs, t-shirts, lanyards, ornaments, ship models, etc.  I'm sure many have disembarked and regretted not purchasing something from the shop while onboard.

It's more than a bit puzzling that the only place you can purchase RC branded merchandise is on the ships for the exact reason you stated.  I guess they just don't want to be in the business of selling merchandise online, but it seems to me they're missing a potential market for those who either want to get something before the cruise, or, as you stated, have regrets after the fact.

Sorry daughter has been sick and crazy around here. I just saw this and likely too late.  Hoping to get the model in the blue box.  I think they are $50.  We even asked customer service if we could buy knowing they had them and pay shipping and they said they had no way to ship.  If you see this and would be willing to buy and ship please let me know.  I will pay a mark up for you trouble!

• chopper changed the title to Found model thanks all!