Diamond - Crystal Block?

SteveK

14 minutes ago, melmar02 said:

Diamond Plus is not until 175 points, so you are Diamond when you receive your first block....it's just not right away.

Damn what a shame... I saw the Diamond ticked on the C&A chart and was hoping it was when your status changed to D... but once again, it is a 'points dependant' benefit, not status.

Thanks for clarifying.

This question came up on our recent cruise when we became Diamond Plus with 175 points.   I asked the loyalty ambassador about the crystal block that I thought we would receive for getting to Diamond Plus.  I explained to the ambassador that we didn't receive a crystal block when we reached Diamond level at 125 points because they were out of stock.  I was confused because I thought the crystal blocks were awarded at the Diamond and Diamond Plus levels.  The ambassador said that wasn't the case and the crystal blocks are awarded at the 140 point and 210 point levels.  She added that "it would make more sense if they were awarded when a person reached Diamond and Diamond Plus"  but that isn't when they are awarded.

The good news was that the crystal blocks are now in stock across the entire fleet.  The ambassador said she would be happy to order the crystal block that we should have received at the 140 point level.  With the double points we received last year, we blew right by the 140 point level milestone so that wasn't too special.  We decided to wait until we reached the 210 point level which should happen in 2024.  However, I'm not sure we will be as excited about the 210 point level compared with being Diamond Plus though.

The Diamond, D+ and Pinnacle rewards are the amenities in the cabin for your level and the blocks are for each additional 70 points in sailings after 140. We enjoy both and the wife is looking forward to the D+ 340 point level coming up soon for the extra amenities.

I'm still waiting for my Oasis block from September. I did the math with all my upcoming cruises and found that I would have 198  points when I took Icon in March of 24. So of course I had to get enough points so I'd get a block on Icon. Booked 7 days on Allure in Jan 24, that meant a 3 and 4 day B2B. It also let me get the last Oasis that I didn't have, come on Utopia 😀