Western Caribbean excursions with kids

AnaF77

• AnaF77 changed the title to Western Caribbean excursions with kids

Roatan we did an excursion to monkey jungle, and an iguana farm.  It also stopped for lunch at a place that had a 12 line zip line course from the top of a mountain.  It was so amazing!!!  Our daughter was 7 at the time.  Costa Maya I think we did one with underwater caves.  We loved both of them, so did our daughter.

13AAFAED-9D9B-4B53-9F0C-E2E75185519F.png

Roatan has amazing snorkeling, animal sanctuaries and zip lines. There's also a chocolate factory. On Viator there is a combo animal visit and easy snorkeling that was fantastic. 

Costa Maya has a lot of really crowded beach clubs. Great for adults who want to sit in a lounger, imbibe, and watch the ocean - not so great for the littles. Perhaps check out Maya Chan if you might be interested in an all-inclusive for the day. They provide many water activities (kayaks, floaters, paddleboards, and I think I saw some paddle boats as well. Also some other games on shore and have wandering cats and dogs. Plus space to play in the sand. If that is too much for the day, the port has an aviary. And the ship can be a fun place when everyone else is off in the port.

Costa Maya - Got to Maya Chan!! My kids loved it there, and its great for adults too.

For Roatan, book Victor Bodden and do their best of Roatan private tour. We have used them multiple times. We've held sloths, monkeys etc. They have a great zipline course. Went to a chocolate factory. The options are endless, and their prices are great.

Thank you all! I booked the excursion with Victor Bodden for the Zip and Dip Tour in Roatan.  In Costa Maya I think we will be adventurous and book the excursion to the Chacchoban ruins with RCL.  I hear the seaweed continues to be an issue in Costa Maya beaches and this is our one chance to see Mayan ruins. Wish us luck!

On 2/2/2023 at 12:37 AM, AnaF77 said:

Thanks for the great ideas! We are thinking to do Victor Boden Excursion with zip line and beach break. Hopefully the beach they take us is a good one, any experience with this excursion

Our last time in Roatan we did the zip lines. We had lots of fun. My kids had a blast. FYI, I think the zip line crew may not be Victor Bodden employees because they game hard for tips, which is against their policy in the FAQ section. They do take tons of pictures for you and the price for the pictures wasn't bad if I remember correctly. 

If you end up at a beach in the later part of the day, I do know the drivers communicate with each other to try to spread out crowds and find one that isn't as crowded. Our first time there, we ended up skipping the beach and went back to the empty ship because of this. 

Have a great time!