Thrill water park cabana - Best location?

Lovetocruise2002

According to this map, there are several locations for these cabanas. 

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Perfect_Day/Perfect_Day_Cabana_Map.pdf

Does anyone have opinions on where the best location might be?

Looking for a spot that is more quiet, less traffic, not close to a washroom or snack stand, etc. 

My guess would be the ones by the wave pool, and of those #33-37, though they might be the closest to the restrooms
#43-48 have a walkway behind them that leads to one of the water park entrance/exits, so seems like those would get the most foot traffic around them.
IIRC #49-54 also got foot traffic from people exiting the slide pool. Plus I think (it's been a couple years) people walked along that area to pick up rafts.

Again, just my guess!

Hi!  I’ve stayed in the 38-42 section( wave pool) and the 49-54 section ( family slides).  We loved the section by the wave pool!  There was no foot traffic other than the neighboring cabanas.  A small snack shack was close and that’s also close to where our attendant stationed herself.  We just waved at her if we needed anything. She was absolutely lovely.  The shack was far enough that we never saw or heard people there  

The cabana near the slides was up a small sandy hill.  There was supposed to be a button for our attendant but she said they don’t work so it was removed.  We were a distance from a bar or food. It was a bit of an inconvenience because our attendant didn’t come by often so we made several trips to get food and drinks.  It was a very active place up there.  Great for people watching but not secluded or quiet. We were able to watch people splash down but there was a lot of screams from the slides and large group conversations/ families having fun.  Definitely not the area for a quiet experience.  

good luck

We stayed in #34 and it was pretty quiet. The park has a kind of background noise from all the people having fun. Our attendant was also very attentive but that is probably luck of the draw. All of the cabanas are close to each other so a loud group next door would be an uncontrollable factor as well. I don't think we picked our cabana though?? 

19 hours ago, Esmom said:

Hi!  I’ve stayed in the 38-42 section( wave pool) and the 49-54 section ( family slides).  We loved the section by the wave pool!  There was no foot traffic other than the neighboring cabanas.  A small snack shack was close and that’s also close to where our attendant stationed herself.  We just waved at her if we needed anything. She was absolutely lovely.  The shack was far enough that we never saw or heard people there  

Thank you! This is exactly the info I was looking for. I am leaning more towards one of the sides by the wave pool as well. I considered the 49-54 area but then I watched a few videos of the family slides and decided I don't want a part of that action lol.

One more question, with the 38-42 section, did you notice any smoke smell coming from the smoking section that is near the Snack Shack? On another map https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/perfect-day-at-cococay-wayfinding-map.pdf (not the one I linked earlier), it shows there is a smoking section just beyond the Snack Shack. 

3 hours ago, michaelp1446 said:

Are you able to select the cabana #  in Thrill water park? I know you can not at the Beach club.

If you have a suite, you can probably ask the concierge or genie ahead of time.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

One more question, with the 38-42 section, did you notice any smoke smell coming from the smoking section that is near the Snack Shack? On another map

We were in cabana 41-so further away but honestly, I would be shocked if any cabana in that section could smell smoke. I’m very sensitive to the smell and would have certainly noticed. 
if you are able to choose, cabana 42 is probably the most secluded.  In order to go anywhere, the back cabanas walk by the others but if you were in 42- no one but the attendant would be near you. 

You could always drop the sides so you have more privacy. I’m sure whichever cabana you choose, you’ll know the best way to make it a fabulous day!