Diamond points

jojo03

Hi everyone, My family will be going on Icon on May 4/23. We be at 79 points before Icon, therefore we will cruise beforehand. We are thinking of FOTS May 6-10. Will we receive the points in time before we board Icon. I heard it take a week or 2 for the points to appear.

Since your status does not change until the points actually post a week or so after the Freedom cruise you won't officially be Diamond from the Freedom sailing until somewhere around May 17 (7 days after the Freedom cruise ends).

That means you won't have Diamond status boarding Icon on May 11.  You will board Icon as Emerald members. 

You can visit the loyalty ambassador on Icon and ask that you be granted Diamond benefits.  The loyalty ambassador may require 24 hours to research your cruise history with headquarters.  It can take 24 hours because your Freedom cruise will not have posted yet and they need to ensure you actually sailed on that cruise so the Loyalty ambassador needs help from folks on land at headquarters to validate you did in fact actually sail on Freedom.  

Some loyalty ambassadors may provide you with Diamond benefits on the spot and some may wait the 24 hours to hear back from headquarters. Technically a loyalty ambassador is not obligated to provide you with Diamond benefits.  A loyalty ambassador could state you are not Diamond until the points post normally and deny your request however most users report that loyalty ambassadors tend to be willing to make the adjustment for you.  Just understand that if this loyalty ambassador denies your request technically they are right to do so.  

Once the loyalty ambassador adjusts your sea pass account manually only then will Diamond benefits be available so it might not be until day two if you talked with them on day one.   

I boarded a cruise as an Emerald member having just finished a B2B on Anthem that put me over the Diamond threshold.  The loyalty ambassador on Anthem had adjusted my status for the second part of my B2B because I crossed the Diamond threshold on the first cruise.  Because the points for a B2B only posted once the second of my B2B cruise ended I wasn't officially Diamond when I boarded the next cruise a few days later.  Walking into the terminal I was Emerald.  I had to use the Emerald line in the terminal.  I boarded the ship as an Emerald member.  I visited the loyalty ambassador and brought my sea pass cards from Anthem with me including the replacement card for my second Anthem B2B cruise that showed Diamond status.  The loyalty ambassador asked me to return the next day.  On the next day the loyalty ambassador agreed to extend Diamond benefits to me for the rest of the cruise.  

It's likely that it will post sooner and you'll have it for the cruise.  It may not show on your card, though. And of course, maybe it won't be processed in time.  Either way I would say hello to the Loyalty Ambassador on the ship and let them know you're a new Diamond member.  Congrats! 

We changed status during a B2B (actually the Dearly Beloved was the one who kicked us over the top to the next level during a solo cruise) and called the C&A toll-free number ahead of time to make sure they knew. Our status change was all set for her turnaround and my boarding day, no problem.