Tender Ticket Assistance

Rory

Greetings!

I am sailing Navigator of the Seas in Feb. I have read the tender process is not good unless you are booked on a RC excursion. I want to see whales, but that excursion is sold out. My question is as a Diamond Plus member can the Diamond Lounge Concierge provide me with an early departure ticket? If I can get to port early, I will book a local tour. 

Thanks for any advice! 

37 minutes ago, Rory said:

Greetings!

I am sailing Navigator of the Seas in Feb. I have read the tender process is not good unless you are booked on a RC excursion. I want to see whales, but that excursion is sold out. My question is as a Diamond Plus member can the Diamond Lounge Concierge provide me with an early departure ticket? If I can get to port early, I will book a local tour. 

Thanks for any advice! 

In general, the Royal Excursions will be “first off the ship” and then everyone else can “line up”.  we just tendered in Grand Cayman and I don’t remember getting an actual ticket.  I’d caution you with doing your own tour to make sure you leave plenty of time to get back to the ship, including the tender.  Id plan to be near the ship at least a couple of hours before all aboard time to allow time for the long lines that tend to occur as you get closer to the deadline.

It probably doesn’t hurt to ask the concierge.  I’d also check a recent cruise compas and see if there is a tender schedule based on C&A status.  

at tender ports, we typically plan for breakfast when the tender line opens and then when we’re done eating the line is gone and we’re right off the ship.

good luck!

Ampurp85 is correct as you can get a tender ticket from the Diamond concierge in the D lounge. We did just that when we sailed Nav last April. You can continue to check on your planner jic there are openings before you sail. If not best to check on embarkation day at the excursions desk and if none are available ask to be put on a list. Off ship there is Cabo Adventures which has a good rep.