Liberty of the Seas Gluten Free Dining

EQ09

Hi all! I’m a first time cruiser and sailing on the Liberty for a 4 night sailing in May. I have Celiac Disease so obviously I’m very nervous about the food situation! 

For my other gluten free cruisers: have you sailed on Liberty? Do you email RCCL in advance? How far in advance? What’s the best email? Do you have issues with cross contamination? Any other information to be aware of? Thank you!! 

I've never sailed Liberty, but when we sail with my daughter, who does have Celiac, we always notify in advance so that it is in her reservation. Speaking with the headwaiter is a good idea - she then gets the next night's menu in advance, & if something is not already labeled gluten free, they can make modifications to it to make it that way.  Desserts are the only thing that they don't have a lot of options for - at least in the MDR -- she ends up with a lot of creme brulee. However, she's never had a case of being glutened on board. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/dining-dietary-restrictions-customer-care

I also have celiac.   Have never had an issue with gluten free food.  And I have cruised a lot.   Just tell the waiter, or head waiter, the first night.  They usually will even let you see menu for next day and pre-order what you want, so they can prepare gluten free.  The gluten free bread a few years back was horrible, but now they have pretty good bread and sometimes 2 kinds!  They always have gluten free pasta, even in Windjammer.  And they will cook it in separate pan.  And Sorrentos has gluten free pizza.  So I wouldn't worry, just have a great cruise!

BTW, if you plan on specialty dining, drop by at some point prior to your reservation and ask what accommodations they can make. Also - Windjammer may have a gluten free section (some do, but other people are not always as careful around the buffets as they should be), but if you don't see anything, ask to speak to the chef & tell them what you want, and if they have more in the back, they can bring you out something fresh. Somewhat defeats the purpose of the buffett (quick grazing of trying what you want - but you may already be used to that).