Dinning preference when upgrading staterooms

Petegl

Question: I have just upgraded my stateroom on a 23 day 2018 Explorer of the Seas Transpacific cruise and my original booking I was given Traditional Dinning @ 6 pm and now I'm having a devil of a time getting RC to transfer it to my upgrade first they gave me the Anytime my time and after three phone calls they have waitlisted me for my original dinner preference, they keep telling me my TA needs to do it and the TA tells me no! only Royal Caribbean can do it. Anyone have suggestions?

Only the TA can change the dining arrangements. However, all interactions with Royal are supposed to be handled by your TA. I'm actually surprised that they even talking to you as in my experience they won't if there's a TA on record. 

They are both right and both wrong. Royal does handle the change, but your TA needs to initiate the process with Royal in order for them to do it. 

I hate to sounds mean, but it sounds like your TA may be uninformed, inexperienced, or uninterested. I've had much more difficult issues on my reservation and they were always handled by the TA as they are supposed to be. 

I have just read a most terse reply from RCs Booking and I have now replied thus: 

This is an unfortunate reply, (I would have been a

C&A Emerald on this cruise). I have been on 25 cruises with other shipping companies before and never had a problem with transferring details/preferences on a cabin upgrade, I have booked a total of four cruises with you with a costing being well over $15,000 and this would make me a C&A Diamond after the third cruise, being treated in this way is not the way any customer should be treated. I'm sorry but if you do not honor this small request how can I trust your company with the bigger things, I will have no other option but to cancel yes cancel all four bookings and go back to P&O. I was also waiting to book for the 2019 season when the itineraries became available, I suppose you couldn't care a less! You have until Friday April 28 2017. Enough is Enough, 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Petegl said:

I will never book with Expedia travel again totally useless TA be warned, going to wait until I'm on board in September October this year to book my future cruises then. 

You'll experience this same problem with any bulk/discount travel service, even those affiliated with the membership clubs. In addition, most don't have any experience with cruising, so they don't know much. While I do use an online agent (MEI Travel), I have a specific agent for all my booking needs rather than a call center.