Change fee

Cruiser3812

3 hours ago, Cruiser3812 said:

We booked a cruise on Icon in June 2024 but have decided to cruise to Alaska instead. We paid $250 per person as a deposit. Will RC allow us to switch the ship without a fee, or how much will be be charged to do so? The cruise we want to change to is the same week in 2024. 

Was your deposit "refundable"?  We typically request that when booking in advance.  Not everyone does that.  If you have an agent, the agent will coordinate for you.

10 hours ago, Cruiser3812 said:

We booked a cruise on Icon in June 2024 but have decided to cruise to Alaska instead. We paid $250 per person as a deposit. Will RC allow us to switch the ship without a fee, or how much will be be charged to do so? The cruise we want to change to is the same week in 2024. 

We just did this and sadly we were changed 100 per person, so 400 bucks in all. We switched from a 5 day Oasis Canada cruise to a Liberty 9 day Canada/NE cruise. Our TA tried to sneak it but about 3-4 days later they caught and we got zinged for 400 💵

They should allow you one switch without a penalty or at least make that a perk of Diamond and above. But that's just my opinion. 

You won’t lose your deposit. But you will be charged the change fee. Every time I have done the change, my credit card was charged the $100 change fee…and the original $250 deposit was transferred to the new booking.

But, there have been times where I wanted a change fully expecting the fee…only to have the agent put me on hold while she ‘checked with her colleague’ and then come back on and tell me the fee has been waived. I never asked for an explanation as I didn’t want to ‘rock the boat’.🫢