Personal Trainer and Nutritional Consultation

SgtPepper

I had used a personal trainer on a different cruise line.  I had 1 hour appointments on my sea days. The cruise was 14 days.  It was my first time I have ever lost weight on my cruise. Yes, only 1 pound but it was much better than gaining 5 pounds.  FYI: I am an overweight 62 year old woman. 

I would not use a nutritional consultant on a cruise ship unless that is the only down time for you to spend with someone.  The problem will be trying to follow their advise will all that free food.  But go with your gut on what is best for you.  Any education on our health will benefit you in the long run. 

Finally, an advise I was given before the cruise if you want to control your weight: At dinner - either have 1 drink or 1 dessert. Watch what you eat at the other meals. Enjoy yourself but don't go overboard with eating.  

• 1 year later...

Just wanted to weigh in on this (hee hee) as I just had a nutritional consultation on Symphony of the Seas in March 2024. Based on my experience I don't recommend it. The guidelines I was given make no sense, and I found a copy of them online at this website for free anyway: https://www.timetospa.com/mywellnesscoach/. They also tried to sell me supplements which cost thousands of dollars.