Airport Transfers to JFK or Newark

Jess4214

In addition to the transfers with sightseeing + airport drop-off mentioned by @Carotthat, sometimes a straight transfer will be offered without sightseeing, but this would tend to be offered on board and you would see it in the daily compass rather than in the cruise planner before the cruise. You might be able to see them in some recent compasses posted here on the blog: https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass You don't need to look specifically for Liberty, as I don't think she's sailing or has recently sailed out of NJ. Look instead for Anthem, Oasis and Adventure, as those are the ones that have been or are sailing from that port recently/now.

Even without the sightseeing component, they'll be quite pricey; Royal's transfers tend only to be cost effective if you're travelling solo. That said, if you're a nervous traveller who's uncomfortable with the idea of arranging your transport independently, the ease and convenience may be worth the extra cost to you.

Your travel agent can book the "generic" transfer for you, you can't do it online.  If you aren't using a travel agent, you'll have to call royal to get the price and book it.

I agree that generally they are more expensive than other options, but there are times they may make sense.  If you are traveling alone the price may be competitive.  If you are traveling in a larger group that doesn't want to split up into seperate ubers/cabs, and you don't want to try to arrange a private transfer, it might make sense even if it's more expensive.

I've found UberXL isn't good for a family of 5 with luggage, because you never know if the car will actually fit everyone and everything.  Minivan taxi's usually can, but then you can end up waiting a long time in the taxi line for one that can fit everyone and everything.  In some ports, Minivan taxi's may not even be a thing.

Typically, I'll go to Guest Services on Night 4 or 5 (of a 7-night sailing) and see what the prices for transfers are. They may advertise it in the Compass, but I know they'll offer it regardless so that's when I go. I paid $27.95 for my transfer from Bayonne to EWR in October when I was on Oasis. I would expect any transfers to JFK to cost more.