New to Royal Caribbean

Welcome, Paula!

I think the artcile linked below will be very helpful to you.  I've sailed DCL a number of times, as has Matt, the admin of this site.  I personally sail many cruise lines, as they each have areas in which they shine, with great experiences at the ready.  That in mind, DCL just got to be too pricey for us in the recent years - I could cruise with a luxury line for the same cost.

Royal Caribbean targets a very similar audience to DCL, in that they're looking especially for families, and adjust their offering so that there is truly something for everything.  RCI has, depending on the ship, far more activities for high-energy folks, and often more specialty dining venues for those wanted to branch out from the main dining rooms.  Take a look below and do reach out if you have any specific questions.  I'd be you'll enjoy Liberty.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/category/category/disney-cruise-line

I have cruised for times with Disney. The only ship we haven't sailed on is the Dream. There are obvious differences, but none in my opinion that justify the differences in price. Personally, I like the kids programming better on Disney as it has extended hours; however, my child has never complained or said one is better than the other. You will find obvious differences (e.g., higher prices for specialty dining, no complimentary soda), but again you're paying substantially less. There's also no dedicated movie theater on the larger Royal ships, but they do have Broadway musicals.

I have been on the Liberty and highly doubt you will be disappointed. In addition, even with some of the additional costs, you'll probably be saving thousands.

Welcome! There many folks here who used to cruise Disney and now cruise RC, so you are in good company.

Here are a couple of helpful blog posts I think you will enjoy:

Comparing Royal Caribbean to Disney Cruise Line

5 ways Royal Caribbean is different than Disney Cruise Line

Royal Caribbean vs Disney Cruise Line podcast episode

Welcome! There many folks here who used to cruise Disney and now cruise RC, so you are in good company.

Here are a couple of helpful blog posts I think you will enjoy:

Comparing Royal Caribbean to Disney Cruise Line

5 ways Royal Caribbean is different than Disney Cruise Line

Royal Caribbean vs Disney Cruise Line podcast episode

Thank you so much! yeah pricing on Disney is just too crazy! great product, but we're excited to try something new!

Thank you so much! yeah pricing on Disney is just too crazy! great product, but we're excited to try something new!

Disney prices across the board are high. I believe they just raised their single day admission again to over $100 plus a day. Great product but very pricey.