Favorite foods missing?

FManke

In some ships, they do have a poolside BBQ.

BBQ does seem to be making its rounds through the industry, though. Carnival has added Guy Fierri BBQ restraunts to most of its ships and Princess is added a surcharge BBQ restraunt to its Caribbean Princess which is in dry dock right now.

Personally, I'd like to see a French restraunt. I'd be okay with BBQ, but I'd want an international BBQ restraunt where they had traditional, Hawaiian, Korean, etc. That I think would be cool, unique, and eclectic and more importantly different from the rest.

In some ships, they do have a poolside BBQ.

BBQ does seem to be making its rounds through the industry, though. Carnival has added Guy Fierri BBQ restraunts to most of its ships and Princess is added a surcharge BBQ restraunt to its Caribbean Princess which is in dry dock right now.

Personally, I'd like to see a French restraunt. I'd be okay with BBQ, but I'd want an international BBQ restraunt where they had traditional, Hawaiian, Korean, etc. That I think would be cool, unique, and eclectic and more importantly different from the rest.

That sounds awesome. I love Korean bbq and I personally can't get enough kimchee! There are so many different bbq styles, just in the US alone. I don't know about French. I'd be ok with it, but I think the time for French restaurants sailed, back in the late 80's. Pun intended! ;) Who knows maybe it's time for a comeback.

I've yet to get a good bagel on a cruise ship.  Regardless of the cruise line or itinerary, it seems impossible.

How about a good and I mean good deli. Corned beef and pastrami, bagels and lox? I worked in a deli years ago and we baked fresh bagels everyday, from frozen dough, and they were great. It's not that hard. This might be an easy concept that could be used for late hours. Who doesn't love a good Rueben at 1am?

How about a good and I mean good deli. Corned beef and pastrami, bagels and lox? I worked in a deli years ago and we baked fresh bagels everyday, from frozen dough, and they were great. It's not that hard. This might be an easy concept that could be used for late hours. Who doesn't love a good Rueben at 1am?

This is a big motiviation I have for wanting to sail on Koningsdam.

It would be interesting to add menu options, or complete Dining Options that are more localized based upon where the ship is coming from ...

For Example .... For Grandeur out of Baltimore --- a good "Maryland Style" Seafood Restaurant .... Plenty of Blue Crabs, Crab Cakes, etc.... use a local (Baltimore) supplier, or even better, local restaurant, such as Phillips to bring the flavor of the Chesapeake on the ship .... Being a native, I find myself bringing a container of Old Bay on board .... It goes good on EVERYTHING!!!

Just a thought.

It would be interesting to add menu options, or complete Dining Options that are more localized based upon where the ship is coming from ...

For Example .... For Grandeur out of Baltimore --- a good "Maryland Style" Seafood Restaurant .... Plenty of Blue Crabs, Crab Cakes, etc.... use a local (Baltimore) supplier, or even better, local restaurant, such as Phillips to bring the flavor of the Chesapeake on the ship .... Being a native, I find myself bringing a container of Old Bay on board .... It goes good on EVERYTHING!!!

Building on that thought, how about a "pop-up" style restaurant that changes wherever that ship is home ported at. It would change every time the ship relocated. Maybe a little too complicated, but would be cool.

Just a thought.

I travel to enjoy different foods.....having what I can get at my home port doesn't sound exciting....I can get that at home.   Corporate Head Chefs probably would have difficulty establishing regional contacts.  

Guest toodle68

I wish they did more spicy foods in the MDR. I ordered a thai curry in the MDR and it was bland.  The most spicy foods I have found is in WJ but we tend not to eat there for dinners.