Is Icon of the seas more catered for children

Rooty

On 10/23/2022 at 9:03 AM, JC Pats said:

Yes and No - Yes - Because that's what pays the bills - Kids want all the things bought for them, so families, from a financial perspective, pay the bills more than "loyal" guests or solo guests. Also, new = flashy. Which gets eyeballs and sells cabins. 

No - there are neighborhoods to spread out the passengers. Adults can chill where they want, just have to be aware of where the kid areas are. 

I cruise solo, but also have a lot of friends who cruise with their kids, so I don't mind the kids so much. Do I care about solo cabins, nope. They're overrated IMO as they don't show any price value. Would I like more solo/single services, sure, but I don't need them. 

Cruise VACATIONS are what you make of them. Doesn't matter if it's Enchantment or Icon - I'm on a cruise - that is all that matters to me. YMM (and will) V

With the features and amenities on this ship, its sure to attract more families with kids, LOTS of kids IMO.  This is more like Disney World at sea..more attractions, rides, venues than the actual Disney cruise ships that cost much more. Expect tons of kids, long line ups, and kids running up and down the hallways like never before. Bank on it, Mr. philanthropist super chat. 

12 hours ago, twangster said:

I'd be hesitant to classify and judge a ship before it's sailed.  

Marketing hype is great but it doesn't define the character of the ship.  I suspect there is more to Icon than just a waterpark centric ship.  

Only time will tell.  

The videos and detailed attractions are quite clear to me.  This is Disney World at Sea,(without the characters of course)  An amusement park at sea. Expect Families and tons of kids. TONS.  Not that is bad, but it is what it is. Take it or leave it. 

22 hours ago, Matt said:

Couldn't agree more. I've been far more annoyed by adults than children on any cruise I've been on.

This can be true. Ive experienced obnoxious, annoying adults who are intoxicated  with their "unlimited drink plan" They paid for it and by golly, they are going to take full advantage of it.  So perhaps its time for Royal to either stop offering this plan or changing it?   As far as kids go, you have to admit, there are going to be a lot more with this amusement park at sea. Being more affordable than Disney cruise ships and offering more, and sailing out of Florida, just watch. 

1 hour ago, Censored said:

With the features and amenities on this ship, its sure to attract more families with kids, LOTS of kids IMO.  This is more like Disney World at sea..more attractions, rides, venues than the actual Disney cruise ships that cost much more. Expect tons of kids, long line ups, and kids running up and down the hallways like never before. Bank on it, Mr. philanthropist super chat. 

What am I missing?  You think 3 additional waterslides are going to attract more kids?  The things in seaside are available on Oasis class ships now, they are just relocated in a way to keep kids of that age grouped in one place and not spread all about the ship.

In the end, if it's too many kids for those that prefer fewer, none of the other ships have gone away and if this ship is attracting a larger share of family cruisers, those ships should have even fewer.  There's a ship for everyone!

2 hours ago, Censored said:

This can be true. Ive experienced obnoxious, annoying adults who are intoxicated  with their "unlimited drink plan" They paid for it and by golly, they are going to take full advantage of it.  So perhaps its time for Royal to either stop offering this plan or changing it?   As far as kids go, you have to admit, there are going to be a lot more with this amusement park at sea. Being more affordable than Disney cruise ships and offering more, and sailing out of Florida, just watch. 

you're like a dog with a bone over the deluxe beverage package. What did it ever do to you? 

Having sailed on Allure, I did not have much trouble finding quiet places with no children.  Got to love the Solarium - I could crash there all day.  At first glance, Icon appears designed to isolate adult areas from family areas, arguably better than the Oasis-class ships.  I like how Cloud 17 is far away from the boardwalk and appears isolated above the main pool deck.  I can imagine it would be quieter than the Solarium on the Oasis-class ships.  I'm looking forward to experiencing this! 🙂