Covid Testing Proof

Ed MacLean

• Ed MacLean changed the title to Covid Testing Proof

I just did this a few weeks ago.  

I just had 4 negative tests ( 1 per person)  - the actual tests just home ones I had spare - did them in the hotel the night before unsupervised - walked up showed them 4 tests - they glanced at them and they ticked the box on their screens.   They didn't care what the test was,   where it came from,  who's was who's.   They simply asked when it was done.  I said yesterday and it was done.   Took all of 20seconds.   Very much a box ticking process.   Pointless really but also not difficult.  

I believe a picture is just the same process,  but given i had actually bothered to do the test It was easier to show them. 

9 hours ago, Zambia-Zaire said:

If it was as, you convey... I don't know why Royal don't just do away with testing all together... what's the holdup?

Well that is definitely the process,  very much an honesty based system - trivial to beat if you wish to.  I would think most people are reasonably honest and  I guess they are hoping people will test and they will catch at least a few positives who do then right thing who otherwise might not have even known till it was to late.  The longer cruises tend to have more time at sea or be more remote (ours was crossing from Vancouver to Hawaii) - so 5 days at sea.   If you tested positive and chose to ignore it and sneak on using another test,  you would be definitely taking a risk of getting sick in the middle of the pacific.   

But overall as you say,  it doesnt make a huge amount of sense.