Texting with RoyalIQ

No, VOOM is not required to text via the Royal IQ app.  That in mind, if you're looking at purchasing Voom, know that you can use any number of messaging apps without paying the additional $7.95 for messaging in the Royal IQ app.

For ways to stay in touch on your cruise check the below article and let us know if you have any questions.

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/27/how-stay-touch-someone-your-royal-caribbean-cruise

Royalcaribbean pages says: 

"For $7.95, Royal iQ offers unlimited calling and texting to anyone onboard who has a Royal iQ communication package. Plus, you can take advantage of crystal clear outgoing (ship-to-shore) and incoming (shore-to-ship) calls, billed at a per-minute rate." 

Does anyone know is it possible to disable those outgoing and incoming calls with are billed per-minute rate? I would like to use that app to communicate my children, but I am bit concern of that they could accidentally make a big bill by calling to shore. We won't be needing that ship to shore or vice versa option anyways.

Royalcaribbean pages says: 

"For $7.95, Royal iQ offers unlimited calling and texting to anyone onboard who has a Royal iQ communication package. Plus, you can take advantage of crystal clear outgoing (ship-to-shore) and incoming (shore-to-ship) calls, billed at a per-minute rate." 

Does anyone know is it possible to disable those outgoing and incoming calls with are billed per-minute rate? I would like to use that app to communicate my children, but I am bit concern of that they could accidentally make a big bill by calling to shore. We won't be needing that ship to shore or vice versa option anyways.

They could make those calls with or without the app.  As far as restricting the calls through the app - great question that I don't have the answer for.  Keep in mind though that turn off airplane mode and you can make all the $$$$ calls you want if your carrier allows it.  For the second threat you could ask your carrier if they're able to block roaming.

They could make those calls with or without the app.  As far as restricting the calls through the app - great question that I don't have the answer for.  Keep in mind though that turn off airplane mode and you can make all the $$$$ calls you want if your carrier allows it.  For the second threat you could ask your carrier if they're able to block roaming.

That carrier part has already taken care of. All data and voice roaming are disabled from my children subscription. Only way that they can make a huge surprise bill is with that app if it´s not possible to disable those pay per minute calls.