Jellyfish in Cococay/Blue Lagoon

jaedam0820

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/21/2023 at 6:22 AM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I’ll be there on August 1 and since we have 2 South Beach cabanas reserved we’ll find out if the jellyfish are still in abundance!  Yuck…I hope not!

Just to let everyone know…the jellyfish were in full bloom on August 1 when we were at PDCC.  We had 2 cabanas at South Beach.  The jellyfish were quite plentiful and one decided to sting my granddaughter.  Lifeguard sprayed vinegar on her arm…which helped with the stinging sensation.  No one else in my family group of 17 got stung and because it was so hot that day everyone spent lots of time in the water.  I prefer pools so went to the Oasis Lagoon a few times to get my dose of swim time.  

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I prefer pools so went to the Oasis Lagoon a few times to get my dose of swim time.  

This is why I have ceased renting the cabanas (that, and the fact that all we ever did was nap !!).  I really do not care much for the ocean.  Dan likes to snorkel but PDCC is not your best snorkeling opportunity normally so I find it just as easy for us to go and grab a couple of loungers near the pool and call it a day.  ...and with the cabanas going for such outrageous prices, it's not a hard decision, in my mind !!

We use these when we are there. Protect from getting jellyfish stings and good cover from sun/sun burn/skin cancer etc. And you save a fortune in sunscreen. Only do face, hands, and ankles. (Water shoes! Always Water shoes. LOL)

Use Safe Sea for hands/face etc.

https://www.ecostinger.com/men-sun-protective-full-body-stinger-swimsuit-upf50-black-royal-stitch-chlorine-resistant/