My Bermuda Excursion Plans

Gadget Hackwrench

So here is a list of the excursions I am signed up for, I know these aren't the most exciting and some have poor reviews but we wanted something to do every day and plan it through the cruise company this time. Next time I visit Bermuda I will be more adventurous and search out the non-company endorsed options.

Bermuda Triangle Nightlife Glassbottom - Yes Yes I know people here take a dim view of this one from past comments here but hopefully with the free rum in my system we will enjoy a scenic first night. I will do my best not to accidentally break the glass in the bottom of the boat. We chose the 8 pm one because a 10 pm start time is a little late for me, even on vacation. Now only if I were younger....maybe I would have considered it.

Bermuda Triangle Beach and Nature Reserve - five and a half hours exploring a nature reserve and then hanging out on a beach with an umbrella and sun lounger at Clearwater Beach Triangle sounds great. Will make sure to bring hat and sunscreen. As a vampire I have to limit my exposure to direct sunlight.

Hamilton Shopping and Sightseeing - another boat ride with alcohol in my system. Then a one hour tour of Hamilton followed by shopping. Will leave credit card back in cabin to prevent the post-cruise heart attack upon seeing the credit card bill.

Royal Caribbean Blog Bermuda Shorts Midnight Rave Extravaganza - Reserved for our forum members, this event promises to be a memorable experience on the island.

We did the Hamilton Shopping and Sightseeing or something very similar on our first cruise there. They take you around some of the islands in the sound and point out some of the homes. I don't recall there being a tour of Hamilton, but I do remember the shopping. Also had a few rum swizzle cocktails on the boat, so that could be why I don't remember the tour.

We have used the ferry as well to go to Hamilton and St George (actually liked walking around St George a little more than Hamilton)

We bought a 3 day transportation pass.  Gave us unlimited access to bus/ferry system for the 3 days we were docked.  Took buses to Crystal Caves & the aquarium.  Ferry from Kings Wharf to Hamilton and St George.  The passes were very cheap & we had a great time interacting with the locals especially the young school kids!  It was a terrific way to visit Bermuda.

18 hours ago, Gadget Hackwrench said:

I think we went on the same one (it was around 4 hrs). The more I think about it there might have been an optional walking tour. We opted just to do the shopping. If I had to do it again would opt in for the walking tour, 2 hours for shopping is way to too much

In 2016, a storm came up just before we disembarked.  As a result, our booked excursion to Horseshoe Beach was cancelled.  After about an hour, the storm passed.  We caught a taxi to Horseshoe Beach.  We had a terrific driver who made arrangements with us on when and where to meet for him to take us back.  He pointed out points of interest along the way, told jokes and was very informative.  We had the beach practically to ourselves!  We had a fabulous time and spent a lot less than the excursion would have cost.  

If you are beach fan, I highly recommend Horseshoe beach.