How bad is it staying on Deck 6 at Freedom of the Seas

So we upgraded our cabin from interior to a balcony room, with Royal to choose the cabin for us. I noticed that there are a lot of Deck 6 Balcony  cabins that are still available so it is highly possible that they assign us one from this deck. How bad is it staying on this deck considering that the Main dining room is on Deck 5? Can you hear the noise and if you can, how loud is the noise? 

Thank you in advance.

14 hours ago, twangster said:

Nothing wrong with deck 6, in fact I like it because it's easy to use the stairs to access the promenade.  

The MDR doesn't make noise.  Plus the galley isn't on deck 5, not that galley's are noisy either.  

I had the impression that if you stay on the floor above or below the MDR, it'd be noisy. So it's not bad at all? That's a relief!

23 hours ago, tjcruisers said:

I'd guessing deck 6 has a lot of obstructed views do to the life boats, could be why a lot of balcony rooms are available

Not on Freedom.  Google an image of the ship.  The embarkation deck is deck 4 which is where lifeboats would be loaded so deck 6 is two decks above that.   

Here is a typical Freedom class deck 6 balcony.  This one was nearly all the way aft on the starboard side.

Looking forward:

MA2207-64.jpg

Looking straight down.

MA2207-65.jpg

MA2207-66.jpg

Looking straight out. 

MA2207-67.jpg

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

Not on Freedom.  Google an image of the ship.  The embarkation deck is deck 4 which is were lifeboats would be loaded so deck 6 is two decks above that.   

Here is a typical Freedom class deck 6 balcony.  This one was nearly all the way aft on the starboard side.

Looking forward:

MA2207-64.jpg

Looking straight down.

MA2207-65.jpg

MA2207-66.jpg

Looking straight out. 

MA2207-67.jpg

THank you for sharing the pics! This is such a reassurance. I watched several vlogs that mentioned how decks above and below MDR should be avoided. Thank you for all your replies. I just have to wait for RCCL to assign us a room.

I am one who avoids being beneath a food service venue if possible.  I’ve had some bad experiences.  I find that early in the morning and after dinner is completed, there are often food/dinnerware carts that move around and can cause noise.  Sometimes you will get the noise of chairs being drug around (this happens beneath the pool decks as well).  I can’t recall bad experiences being above a dining venue but I have had noisy experiences being below.  For this reason I will never book another full suite on a Vision class ship unless it is one of the few that are amidships.