How do I get points for a 2nd room?

Hi folks, 

I recently booked a solo cruise for myself (because of the great deal I got). But now, reality is setting in that I will be all alone and I'm beginning to sort of dread it. THEREFORE, I am seriously thinking of booking a second room and having my friend from another city meet me on board. If I do that, do I book it in MY name (so I can get the points) or do I book it in his name (so he won't have any trouble). If I book it in HIS name, how can I get the points (since I will be paying for it)? Thanks,

Al

9 minutes ago, My3rdAct said:

Hi folks, 

I recently booked a solo cruise for myself (because of the great deal I got). But now, reality is setting in that I will be all alone and I'm beginning to sort of dread it. THEREFORE, I am seriously thinking of booking a second room and having my friend from another city meet me on board. If I do that, do I book it in MY name (so I can get the points) or do I book it in his name (so he won't have any trouble). If I book it in HIS name, how can I get the points (since I will be paying for it)? Thanks,

Al

The person who stays in the room gets the points regardless of who books it or who pays for it.  You will not get points for 2 different rooms.

It has to be in their name, they won't let you check in for two rooms and have someone else stay in it.  

The passenger manifest is created from the guests booked in each cabin.  That is used for immigration purposes with each country.  You can't swap in a name at the last second and you can't be listed twice on the manifest.     

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

It has to be in their name, they won't let you check in for two rooms and have someone else stay in it.  

The passenger manifest is created from the guests booked in each cabin.  That is used for immigration purposes with each country.  You can't swap in a name at the last second and you can't be listed twice on the manifest.     

Thanks, twangster. Good to know.