Which nights for speciality dining on Wonder of the Seas TA?

Brandis

We're doing the transatlantic crossing on Wonders of the Seas in November. I bought the 5 nights specialty dining package and also would like to eat one night at the Solarium Bistro, which is included in the cruise fare, so we don't need the package for that one.

The cruise is 14 nights, so we're probably doing 8 nights at the Main Dining Room, unless we absolutely don't feel like it and just go to the Windjammer 🙂

Of course, I wouldn't want to miss anything special in the Main Dining Room, like Lobster Night or Gala Nights, so I was thinking about asking the Maître d' which nights we shouldn't miss at the Main Dining Room. On the other hand, I was thinking, maybe he might try to steer us away from the Main Dining Room on the special nights as that would save him money if we aren't there to order the expensive stuff? 🙂 Am I overthinking this?

1 hour ago, Brandis said:

We're doing the transatlantic crossing on Wonders of the Seas in November. I bought the 5 nights specialty dining package and also would like to eat one night at the Solarium Bistro, which is included in the cruise fare, so we don't need the package for that one.

The cruise is 14 nights, so we're probably doing 8 nights at the Main Dining Room, unless we absolutely don't feel like it and just go to the Windjammer 🙂

Of course, I wouldn't want to miss anything special in the Main Dining Room, like Lobster Night or Gala Nights, so I was thinking about asking the Maître d' which nights we shouldn't miss at the Main Dining Room. On the other hand, I was thinking, maybe he might try to steer us away from the Main Dining Room on the special nights as that would save him money if we aren't there to order the expensive stuff? 🙂 Am I overthinking this?

I would make the reservations asap when you board so that you have times at the restaurants you want.  You can change them later if needed - assuming there is space.

The app will show the MDR menu.  Normally you can see the menu in advance as it is usually the same from week to week - because it is a transatlantic - it probably will be different.

3 hours ago, Brandis said:

Yeah, I also hope they won't just repeat the menu after 7 days. 🙂

Some items will be repeated but they do have a full set of different menus for longer cruises. Take a look at the menus on the current Anthem sailing (22 July to 5 August), which is a 14-night one, and that will give you a rough idea. I wish some of them were more commonly seen on the shorter cruises!