Royal up

If your bid gets accepted on Royalup and then you need to cancel the cruise is the Royalup portion refundable. Let’s assume the cruise is refundable. People on Royalup Facebook are telling me no, I can’t get my Royalup money back if I cancel a refundable cruise. That makes no sense that my Royalup money is lost forever. Why would anyone Royalup then?

1 hour ago, Spang1974 said:

In my opinion Royal UP is only good if you want to upgrade your already booked room for a higher category at a price you set. For any reason you get assigned a cabin by Royal Up you don't like, you are pretty much stuck. 

100% agree. Royal Up is nonsense unless you are moving “up” which is the intended point. Also, important to note the near impossibility of recouping any money that was charged in error through the program since the RC representatives have no skin in the Royal Up game. 

On 7/16/2022 at 9:44 PM, Laurie Lewis said:

If your bid gets accepted on Royalup and then you need to cancel the cruise is the Royalup portion refundable. Let’s assume the cruise is refundable. People on Royalup Facebook are telling me no, I can’t get my Royalup money back if I cancel a refundable cruise. That makes no sense that my Royalup money is lost forever. Why would anyone Royalup then?

So it’s a really great program when you are moving from a loft to Star class or maybe a balcony to a junior suite but I would not attempt a lateral move or anything approaching a single category change (ex: Central Park balcony to “ocean view balcony”) as you may not get the preferred location that you selected when booking original cabin.