Solo Points Question

My wife and I need 11 points to get to Diamond C&A status. I know booking a suite on a 6 night cruise would get us there. I was looking at a 6 night in December, and a Jr. Suite would be about $2300.00, however, if we each booked a solo inside cabin, it would only be $1100.00. I know there are lots of other perks of having a suite, but just in terms of collecting points would this work?

Thanks in advance.

I believe a solo interior room gets single points.  As far as combining points from 2 rooms I do not think that is how Crown & Anchor works.  Since each person has their own C&A number the points only get added to that number…well, as far as I know, anyway!

I would be interested in finding out if what I think is correct…or not.  If it is…then book the suite and get the double points!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I believe a solo interior room gets single points.  As far as combining points from 2 rooms I do not think that is how Crown & Anchor works.  Since each person has their own C&A number the points only get added to that number…well, as far as I know, anyway!

I would be interested in finding out if what I think is correct…or not.  If it is…then book the suite and get the double points!

If you sail Solo in an interior double occupancy room (not the special solo cabin some of the larger ships may have) you will receive 2 points per night.  This is the same as you get when 2 people sail in a Jr Suite.

I guess I misunderstood the OP’s info.  I read it as they were booking actual rooms that are for one person only…not a room that can hold 2.  I know a room for 2 with just one occupant receives double points.  The words used were “solo interior cabin” which to me meant a room for one.  Thanks for clarifying.

Studio cabins do not provide an extra point for solo since a studio cabin is priced for a single guest.  The keyword here is "Studio".  If that word appears any in the cabin type it will not earn an extra point for solo.  

If the cabin would normally hold two guests but a solo passenger books and pays any single supplements for that cabin then a solo guests earns an extra point per night. 

If the fare is a GTY or "We pick the cabin" type fare and the ship has studio cabins they can assign you a studio cabin that would not earn the extra point.  

So as long you are not looking at a GTY type fare or a studio cabin then it should earn an extra point for a solo guest booked in that cabin.  

Also be aware that it only takes one of you earning 11 more points to cross the threshold.  Technically you both don't have to sail if you wanted to save $1,100.  Once C&A establishes that you and your wife are in a "relationship" then you both will appear to have the status or whichever of you has the higher points.  If one of you has sailed more than the other they should be the one to go solo to cross the threshold.  If you both have cruised equally then it doesn't matter which of you puts you over the threshold.  However if you both want to go on the 6 night cruise then this is a moot point.

12 hours ago, Eliwhit99 said:

My wife and I need 11 points to get to Diamond C&A status. I know booking a suite on a 6 night cruise would get us there. I was looking at a 6 night in December, and a Jr. Suite would be about $2300.00, however, if we each booked a solo inside cabin, it would only be $1100.00. I know there are lots of other perks of having a suite, but just in terms of collecting points would this work?

Thanks in advance.

The point issue has been addressed.  Matt has pointed out elsewhere that two rooms will give you two bathrooms rather than just one to share, if that is an issue.  However, I have never had a problem finding a bathroom on a cruise ship when I needed it....