Explorer of the Seas Theme Nights

1 hour ago, Smithy6r3 said:

Hi all, we're in this ship from July 31st to August 6th! We've heard there are theme nights on these cruises, apart from formal night. Has anyone any ideas on these from recent cruises so we know what to pack!!

As a gentleman, I packed more tropical shiirts than dress shirts on cruise last month.  They worked for the Main Dining Room as well as dancing venues.  I actually came home with one dress shirt and one pair of slacks "never worn".  Knit shirts or T-shirts and shorts work for most of the day until you dress for dinner/dancing.

1 hour ago, Smithy6r3 said:

Thanks. Am I right in saying cruise compass is only available once we're aboard? I wanted to know which nights we'd get in advance to pack accordingly!

Yes, although you can look at previous Cruise Compasses from the same ship and similar/same itinerary and they will be very close to the same as what you will get on board.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/cruise-compass

I was on Explorer a couple of weeks ago (8 night sail).  There were 2 Formal nights ("Dress Your Best"), one White night and the standard 70's theme night.  How you want to actually dress is a personal choice.  We dressed up on the first formal night because it was our anniversary, we were eating in Chops and we wanted a set of nice formal pictures.  All the other nights, we always dressed in nice attire, but not formal.  Comfort was the key.  I always wore decent pants and nice shirts, varieties of tropical shirts and button/collared short sleeve shirts.  My wife always wore a dress.  We just like to be in something other than jeans/shorts/t-shirts in the evenings.  But there were plenty of people wearing shorts, t-shirts, etc.

If you have the Royal App, you can already see the Daily Planner for your sailing.  It will be updated with more detail as you get closer.

Just returned from 8 nights on Explorer, the 70's disco night was excellent, Royal Promenade was packed, 2 dress to impress nights, I've kept the Cruise Compasses and will try to share them this week.

We had a fab time, couple of usual gripes, on a sea day if you weren't up before 7 you didn't get a bed in the solarium 😞, my time dining was a mess, no point booking it was quicker to just turn up.

Did get to meet Super Mario, what a nice guy.